Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ETH from Binance to Metamask - Balance not displaying

Options
  • 26-11-2021 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have transfered some ETH from Binance to Metamask. The balance in my Metamask account is showing up as €0. When I click on Activity my balance appears but this is not what I need.

From reading other Reddit posts and watching Youtube videos I have learned that I need to add a "New Token" to Matamask while using the Eth Contract address.

I have a number of problems with this:

I. I do not have the option of adding a "New Token" - Metamask only allows me to "Import Token"

Is Import Token what I need to click on?

2. I cannot find the Eth Contract address

From reading other Reddit posts and watching Youtube videos I have learned that I should be able to find the Eth Contract address on Etherscan or Coingeko or such like but I cannot find this informaiton. I cannot find the Contract Address for Ether on either of these. The 'Erc20 Token Txns' tab that I have people speak about is not available when I go to Etherscan.

3. When I click on Import Token and go to Costum Token I am asked to fill in a number of fields, Contract Address, Token Symbol and Token Decimal

Token Symbol - I'm guessing is the ticker - is this correct?

What should I enter for Token Decimal?

Please see attached pictures

Help please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

I never sent eth from binance but some tokens have multiple network options, check that first. Also I presume this is a test transfer as eth is so expensive on transaction fees that you could spend more sending a small amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Also I accidentally sent some mana to my eth address a year ago, thought I would have to do a key restore to retrieve it (this should be a last option)and don’t have anything else in it just in case but done a software update and it was there so I swapped it immediately to eth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭el diablo

Are you sure you sent it on the ETH blockchain rather than the Binance chain (BEP-2 or BEP-20)? ETH is the main token on Metamask so you shouldn't need to import anything.

Maybe you need to add the Binance Smart Chain to Metamask and see if it's there.

Actually, ignore what I wrong above. Looks like you're on the correct chain but you do need to "click on "import token" and add the ETH contract address but I'm not sure why it's not listed on CoinGecko etc.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Try logging out of Metamask and back in. Switch networks up top by clicking on "Main Ethereum Network", selecting the Ropsten Test Network, and then switching back to Ethereum mainnet again.

Or if that doesn't work, try import the contract address that you see on Etherscan. The ETH address in your Metamask is incorrect. It should begin with a 0x.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Boxer111

I cannot find the Eth Contract address - I've tried on Etherscan but no joy. Any idea please?

Did you find your transaction on Etherscan or Ethplorer.io? You'll find the ETH contract there. Starts with 0x.

Advertisement