Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAAC electric gate - won't close after texting it to open

• 26-11-2021 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

We've a fairly new electric gate FAAC gear and GSM, when we text it "gate open" it opens fine and then later "gate close" it doesn't move and the gates stay open despite multiple texts and text acknowledgement back via text.

The gates will only work again when I pull the power for a few minutes and then everything resets.

day to day the gates work fine by phone and remote, it even works fine if you text it "gate open 30" and then it closes after 30 mins

Any idea whats going on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭kub

Sounds like your Gate GSM unit is faulty, if your gate system was professionally installed get back onto your installer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭buzz11

Ok great, thanks for that, the installer said he doesn’t know anything about texting it which is a poor reflection on him. how else do you keep the gate open if your expecting visitors/delivery etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭The Ging and I

Check the two sensors don't have something stuck to them, or something blocking their view.

He must have gotten the unit from one of his suppliers and surely he can follow up the issue with them, is the system very old ? Is it still under warranty ?

Good point, but as the gate is closing under a certain text command then that suggests the issue is with the GSM unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭buzz11

sensors are clear all right, I’ve kept an eye on that. The gate works fine day to day by remote & calling it but once I text it “gate open” then the gates open fine but won’t close when I text it “gate close” BUT I do get a reply text saying “text received” but the gates don’t move.

I’ve even left it for a few days in that stuck open state and despite texting it every now & then, it doesn’t close.

it’s odd how I get a text reply back every time but the gates don’t move

Advertisement