Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature entry using original LC results?

Options
  • 27-11-2021 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

My brother is considering returning to college to do a second undergraduate degree as part of a career change. He did a good Leaving Cert and has enough points for the course he's interested in but he's well over 23. Can he apply based on his LC results only or does he have to do the full mature student application? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

So, I thought I'd update here in case anybody comes across this post and has the same query. The answer is that if you're over 23 and you sat your leaving cert then you can apply through the CAO in two different ways:(1) as a regular leaving cert applicant, where you're assessed on your LC results alone, and (2) as a mature student which doesn't require an LC but can be supported by one and needs other supporting documentation, often including an interview. You can also do both types of applications in the same year so you have two possible ways of getting in.

Advertisement