Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stem cell treatment in Ireland? (for back/spine/hip/knee + potentially neuropathic issues)

• 28-11-2021 7:28am

I think there's been some confusion as to what actual stem cell treatment is in contrast to "blood spinning" or PRP (platelet rich plasma).

The nature of the stem cell therapy I'm referring to in this instance is MSC,

i.e. actual cells taken from a living organism, as I understand the favored source is the umbilical cord.

Platelet rich plasma on the other hand is where ones blood is extracted, put in a blood spinner such that blood platelets are concentrated into a serum, then injected into the effected body area.

There's a modernized version called "Regenokine" which is similar but has additional treatments added to the serum.

Actual stem cell treatment, the real kind, I'm unsure of its status in Europe?

As of yet I believe not FDA approved in the US but as per,

This individual "Dr Neil Riordan" does facilitate its administration in the US via liaison with a clinic in Panama?

Comments

Due to that other thread on back-pain and all the associated treatments mentioned, stem cell therapy (MSC) has seemingly produced some revolutionary results..... in some cases.

In terms of back pain and hip issues and knee issues and all the chopping and replacement surgery that is the default approach when conventional physio has failed, stem cell treatment although in preliminary approval stages, does appear to hold some real potential?

This dude has had every surgery and treatment and form of physio and chiropractic, from his knees, to hips, to back and spine etc.

But mentions that stem cell injections is one treatment he hasn't yet had, perhaps next on the list.

I would be curious to know it's availability in Ireland currently, or western europe in general?

Advertisement