Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad won’t update

• 28-11-2021 4:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,947 ✭✭✭✭

Folks,

im a little ways short of an expert on these matters so I’d appreciate any and all advice

im trying to update my iPads software from 12.4.1 to 15.1

however after about two minutes of the wheel going around I get a message ..

“unable to install update an error occurred installing (null)”

ive searches for fixes and one seems to be to delete the last update and try again... but are any of you technically minded minds able to recommend a quick and easy or anyway to do this reliably ?

thanks,

Post edited by Strumms on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭beachhead

Maybe Apple's servers are busy.You will probably have to try the download a few times before succeeding with it.I do not have an iPad but it's possible that several 10's of 1,000 are being downloaded at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,947 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Thanks,

not a server issue as I’ve tried multiple times, different times and so on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Probably a storage problem and you'll have to free up space for the update.

Thanks, but I’ve 24.5 out of the 32 GB used 🙈

Yes but I've read somewhere that you may need space for both the old and new iOS versions at the same time so maybe you can remove something temporarily and see if it updates then.

Post edited by murpho999 on

• Advertisement

Deleted a few more apps and managed to update finally, thanks for the help.

Ah great, delighted you got sorted.

It's strange how Apple do this and also don't make the error much clearer as to what it is.

Truth…. Should just tell you the problem and you can fix it, ‘error installing null’ is just gobaldygook to me.

Advertisement