Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switched VF FTTH Gigabox to Fritzbox 7530, what about landline?

Options
  • 28-11-2021 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Switched over to using a Fritzbox 7530 instead using the Gigabox, how do I get the landline to work as well, I checked the gigabox for any config details and only saw the phone number in there, when I try add a phone in the Fritzbox it's looking a username, I assume that was for some VOIP type of phone rather than the landline? What am I missing here to get the phone working? When I try dial out I do see the FON light come on the Fritzbox.

Would an unmanaged switch on the ONT be fine, with the Gigabox for the phone connected to the switch with wifi off and fritzbox connected to the switch with the usual VLAN tag etc.

Thanks

Post edited by stamjoe on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

Bought an unmanaged gigabit switch, turned off wifi on the gigabox using the wifi switch on the outside of the box, any other setting I can configure inside the router to make it only handle the phone side of things and nothing else?

Post edited by stamjoe on

Advertisement