Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Garden Bird Survey 2021/2022

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

If you want some of the headline info from last year's survey, see article below. A more detailed summary was published last week in the BirdWatch Ireland members magazine 'Wings'. https://www.birdguides.com/news/record-breaking-numbers-take-part-in-irish-garden-bird-survey/

Also, as the coordinator of the survey, I'll be giving a talk about feeding your garden birds, how to take part in the survey, and some of the interesting results and trends over the years. The talk is online on Wednesday evening at 7pm and you can register by clicking here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,889 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm doing this for the first time this year, I spend my life looking out the window at my birds so reckoned I may as well make myself useful!

Amazing that there are people who have taken part for 20 years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,141 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I've done it every year but the site won't open for me at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Piollaire

sorry, wrong forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭boccy23

Will do it again this year. So far what I have really noticed is a complete drop off for Greenfinches. Anyone else seeing this?

Rest of the species are normal I would say.

• Advertisement
Advertisement