Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regeneron Great Limerick Run 2022

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caspero

Super event!

Does anyone else's GPS say the 6 mile Great Limerick Run today was actually a 10km? Mine says 9.99km whereas 6 miles is of course 9.656km.

The 6 mile/9.656km mark per my GPS was on Sarsfield Bridge bridge (which would make sense if the above is correct because per Google maps, that is about 0.35km from where the finish line was).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

My watch said 9.8K which was a little over, exact same course as previous years so perhaps you took the long way around at some of the bends.

Was there race photography, and if so by who?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I blew up a bit at 36k, was flying it for sub 4 hour. Finished 4:06, my fastest marathon so happy, anyone find it strange they were handing out the fizzy lucozade orange and not the sports lucozade orange, felt weird drinking fizzy drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sussex18

Suffered very badly in the second half of the marathon, hurt a lot, slowed down hugely but at least finished, in 3:47.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Much to my surprise the marathon went ok today, given my lack of any long runs I figured every k after 30 was a bonus & kept expecting bad things to happen at some stage but thankfully the running gods were smiling on me. Around 19 mins slower than 2019 but I'll certainly take that 🙂

I went with the slow start plan so had a 6 min negative split for the 2nd half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

Well done everyone. Great day , I really like the idea of going thru the city a few times like that . More water than a man could drink. Few bends more than you’d want like the run into a dead parking area in UL and just turning in the bullnose and right back out again. Some lovely stretches out by the river, wowzers. I was cruising for the 20 mile warmup but come the 6 mile race I was dogged with cramps and was on limp home mode out the Clare side, managed 2 55 though at the Great Limerick Finish. The whole event was run very well, kudos to all the 2 million volunteers and 3 million clappers👍

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Well well well.

Not sure what happened out there today tbh.... ended up running <39:30 somehow and finishing in the top 25 🤯😛

Training was a bit of a shambles, longest run was a poor quality 12K and any attempt at speed work ended in a wheezy mess but something clicked today and I ended up with a fairly big course PB.

It nearly all went horribly wrong right at the end however...was focusing on not hitting half marathon runners, and going at full pelt I missed seeing the raised ramp bit on the final bit at the roadworks. Smacked it horribly at the wrong angle but managed to stay upright despite audible gasps from the crowd 😂

Anyway, a fabulous day out, got to meet a bunch of people I haven't seen in a couple of years and may have found my running mojo as well 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caspero

Thanks @Swiper the fox ! I had a look on Google maps and it's almost the same as your watch at 9.79km so it looks like that's the distance. In case anyone else is curious here's the map https://imgur.com/1wxkQ7G

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭thelordgod

Finished in just over 3:22 - not my best run. Loads of support along the route. The only fault I had was running into the slower half marathon runners which took a bit out of me trying to get around them. Thankfully the rain held off until afterwards with just some drizzle in the last 10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Great day yesterday, I was delighted to come away with a PB of 3:35:28. I had missed about 5 weeks of training in February/March with an ankle injury and Covid, so at one stage I thought I'd have to pull out.

Definitely went out too fast, finished the first half in 1:40... had to stop and walk a couple of times between Miles 20 and 22, but got going again just after Villiers.

The massage at the finish area was a Godsend, though it was nearly sorer than the marathon itself at times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

First time doing any half Marathon and was delighted to finish it above my goal time, got in at 1:52:00.

I wasn't expecting that loop at the Gaelic grounds!

Was impressed with the number of supporters etc and how encouraging each of the runners were to each other. Enjoyed the day, and the pints afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Lostnfound

Great race, I planned to do this marathon a few times but commitments to other races got in the way. This year I had no excuse not to and really enjoyed it, took it handy, enjoyed the course, great support and lots of water along the way.

I have to say it’s one I might do again.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

It was well run event. Only confusion in half was just at the start when it was mentioned about holding pacer groups back to create a gap. I was just infront of the 1:30 guys and they seem to be scratching their heads as first they heard of it and didn't know if they just went or not because first group.

Buckets of water and great support on route.

Done the half many times and maybe I'll do the full next year for a change. I say it every year next year but the thoughts of 30+ km runs in Feb and Mar don't really appeal to me anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

Seemore try leaving Feb out? Just run as normal in Feb, decent volume. I had a crap Feb, and on the last day of it I began my training for Limerick, and was only 32 secs off my pb.

Advertisement