Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best combination blade foe a teblesaw.

Options
  • 29-11-2021 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

I need some advice. I'm cutting up birch plywood with my table saw and having the usual issues of tearout with cross cutting. So i'm doing all the usual tricks to avoid the problem. Using masking tape, scoring the cutting line etc.

My blade is a general purpose 24t blade and i guess its a bit blunted now from several years use. So I thought a combination blade would help solve the tear out even more so. Axminster do a fairly good Combo blade https://www.axminstertools.com/ie/axcaliber-premium-tct-saw-blade-254mm-x-3-2mm-x-30mm-x-40t-951521....i find them a little pricey.....what does anyone think ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Any good combination sawblade will cut plywood cleanly. The trick is to have a sharp blade. I'd have a look at the Freud range on Amazon and you will get a 24 tooth blade for about £25 stg. Meanwhile have your old blade sharpened !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭boomdocker

+1 for the Freud blades - bought two last year and made a huge difference to my cutting

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

Jackson tools in Kilcoole do the excellent CMT blade.

Give them a shout and tell them your requirements. They have all manner of configurations

I have a couple of the CMT blade (Table saw and Track saw) They are excellent and cost effective.

No affiliation

Advertisement