Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying Alcohol from EU (online)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,367 ✭✭✭con747

Get in touch with customs and offer to pay any dues if that is what your neighbour wants or just let them destroy it. Most likely outcome is that's the end of it. Don't be over thinking it.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,741 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

4 boxes at once is taking the píss imho.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

I've just this week had alcohol from the EU confiscated. It's my second time, first time was a single bottle of bourbon coming from France in April 22.

That time I contacted them and played dumb, paid €45 excise on it and collected it in Dublin port a few weeks later.

This time I'm not going to contact them and just let them destroy it. (this time it's 3 bottles of whiskey).

But I'm absolutely not worried about it.

Edit: and I won't be chancing my arm again in the near future!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Glenbeigh

It appears to be very clear ,order cheaper whiskey or wine from mybooze at the moment with a good chance it will be conficated. Mybooze apparently wont refund just offer to resend the order or replace to the value of what you pay to customs and excise ( which could be conficated yet again !!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,058 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Not sure why anyone would let a neighbour use their name and address to import illegal alcohol tbh.

They most likely have had a few imports stopped before so though they'd trick customs by having it delivered next door. Customs don't appear to be that stupid, the only Government department that's efficient is the one that takes money off us!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Glenbeigh

That's it in a nutshell

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

We have a good relationship with one of our delivery drivers, and he said that Revenue were regularly out to their main depot doing checks for alcohol. But the impression I get is that it's not so much a 'check', as they arrive out and there's an expectation that the packages with alcohol are already identified, to save everyone time.

Advertisement