Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to dim 200w of LED panels?

Options
  • 29-11-2021 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

I have 5 600mm led panels from Saxby. Too bright, so I bought the Saxby dimmer for each of them.

They are 200w in total (40w each), now I can't find a 200w LED dimmer!

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭10-10-20

...but you have a dimmer? Confused.

Are you looking to consolidate 5 individual dimmers into one 200w LED dimmer? You will have problems as dimmers are sized based on the load characteristics and even some "400w" dimmers can only operate ~40w of LED loads. Normally this type of dimming is performed using an RGB (digital) controls to each lighting unit instead of putting all of the dimming load on a dimmer-module. In the absence of this function on the LED units, you may have to split the loads across multiple suitably sized dimmer modules.

Post edited by 10-10-20 on

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭pauldavis123

I have 5 40w 600mm dimmable ceiling panels like this:

Which are run by dimmable transformers:

I want them to run off one dimmer.

The total load is 200w of LED

Is this possible, 200w does not seem like a big load?

I have the panels and the transformers, looking to buy the dimmer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭pauldavis123

Just to let anyone else who is looking for the answer to this there are high wattage dimmers available from Varilight in the V-Pro series which can handle 300w LED. Available on Amazon.

Advertisement