Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carraig Donn - Exchange

• 30-11-2021 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi

Quick question, i purchased an item from Carraig Donn but when i got home, i checked the size online (it was a boxed item) and realized it would be too small. The box was not opened and i have the receipt.

The problem i have is, in their T&C's, it states that there is no refund or exchange on sale items - on Saturday gone, everything in the shop was on sale due to Black Friday. I contacted them on Facebook and they replied stating their T&Cs and nothing they can do about it.

All i want is to change for a bigger size - do i have any grounds to argue this?

I know what it says on the website but the fact its unopened, and i only want to change for a different size and not a refund, should they do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Yes unfortunately you have no rights for exchange or refund.

Normally it changed on their goodwill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SteM

Just head back to the shop with it. If you were looking for a refund you might be out of luck but as long as they have the bigger size I'm sure they'll exchange it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,848 ✭✭✭✭28064212

"Should they?" - maybe: might be considered the moral thing to do, or just good customer service. On the other hand, part of the reason for not allowing exchanges/refunds on sale items is that they're already taking a reduced profit. Start adding in the admin overhead of processing returns, and you're heading for loss-making territory. It's a subjective opinion

Are they legally obliged to and/or can you force them to? Almost certainly not. There could be a handful of edge-cases where they would be (e.g. if you had specifically asked a salesperson would it fit into an X-by-Y space and they said yes, then you could have a case), but it doesn't sound like any of them apply.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Thanks all

Going to go back into the shop tomorrow after work and see how it goes - i know what it says in the T&C's but i guess it is just goodwill i am looking for - it's no cost to them to change it out for the larger size - it was a boxed dressing gown i got - the sizes were S/M & M/L - there was no other size info on the box and i thought when it was just the 2 sizes that the S/M would probably be a 10 - 14 but unfortunately not the case!

Fingers crossed, will update tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

There won't be an issue for a straight size exchange.

But remember there is no legal rights for exchange. It is goodwill, so a nice pleasant approach is needed

• Advertisement

That's the plan, smiley happy approach before I get annoyed 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,126 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Does even anticipate being annoyed. Go in with the mental attitude that they will say yes.

Oh, and a pro shopping tip for future: use your phone to Google sozi g there in the shop before purchasing. Saves a lot of hassle.

Changed for the bigger size, no issue at all, never even looked at the receipt!

Thanks everyone ☺

Advertisement