Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**** Starfield ****

Options

Comments

If you can't be bothered with the outpost stuff you can just buy the crafting materials. Just make one outpost and dump it all there. Make sure you store everything in the outdoor containers because those can be accessed when crafting, if you put them in a regular box it won't work that way.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There certainly is a bit of hacking in it. It is similar to fallout games where you can unlock a terminal and make turrets or robots attack enemies for you. Unfortunately because of the way the maps are and how you can approach a building from any side and the ability of the AI to spot you a million miles away it is never really that useful. I usually find those computers after clearing the place out which is useless at that point. In the fallout games they were usually near entrances or off side paths in more linear dungeons so you have a better chance of finding them before clearing the place out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yeah but I don't want to have to find a vendor to buy x, y and z when I need to craft something. I have to check all this shíte anyway when go through an area to look for ammo, digipicks, health packs etc any way so may as well pick it up. I just wish there wasn't useless junk everywhere so it was easier to find the useful stuff.

I meant just buy it in bulk and store it at your base. Just clear a vendor out of what you need.

You need to figure out what you need based on what you craft. I don't know what that is.

Interesting comments from BGS on Reddit. They seem open to community input.

Starfield Updates and Mod Support – September 13, 2023

First, an enormous thank you to all of you playing Starfield and your support. We are absolutely blown away by the response and all you love about the game. We’re also reading all your great feedback on what you’d like to see improved or added to the game. This is a game we’ll be supporting for years and years to come, so please keep all the feedback coming! Even if we don’t get to your requests immediately, we’d love to do it in the future, like city maps. Our priority initially is making sure any top blocker bugs or stability issues are addressed, and adding quality-of-life features that many are asking for.

This first update is a small hotfix targeted at the few top issues were are seeing. After that, expect a regular interval of updates that have top community requested features including:

* Brightness and Contrast controls

* HDR Calibration Menu

* FOV Slider

* Nvidia DLSS Support (PC)

* 32:9 Ultrawide Monitor Support (PC)

* Eat button for food!

We’re also working closely with Nvidia, AMD, and Intel on driver support, and each update will include new stability and performance improvements.

Additionally, we are working on our built-in mod support (Creations) that will work across all platforms similar to what we’ve done with Skyrim and Fallout 4. This full support is planned to launch early next year. Until then, we know our PC community is already very active in the modding space and if you have any feedback on how we can make this better, please let us know . Modding and creating in our games will always be a vital and important part of who we are, and we love seeing the community get off to such a strong start.

Keep the feedback coming, we really do read it all, and thank you all again for taking this journey with us!

**Bethesda Game Studios**

\---

**Update Version 1.7.29 - Fixes and Improvements**

**Performance and Stability**

* **Xbox Series X|S** Improved stability related to installations.

* Various stability and performance improvements to reduce crashes and improve framerate.

**Quests**

* **All That Money Can Buy**: Fixed an issue where player activity could result in a quest blocker.

* **Into the Unknown**: Fixed an issue that could prevent the quest from appearing after the game is completed.

* **Shadows in Neon:** Fixed an issue where player activity could result in a quest blocker.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Official DLSS support is welcome, although frankly the game should never have shipped without it. Regardless of whatever marketing deal Bethesda had with AMD, to omit such a popular, QOL feature for a few extra AMD bucks was a cynical and lazy move - much as it is with any other game that omits one of the vendor's upscaling solutions. Better for everyone when the 'big three' are all supported from day one and not left to modders to implement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Praise the FOV slider, thats me mostly happy😁

DLSS is a really nice addition as well, didnt think would see it patched in this early!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Sorry for the quote, Yeah i'd agree with 7/10, it's not as awful as i've probably painted it to be. It does feel like an early access game though.

Where are ye getting the mods for it? Also, modding with gamepass, i'm normally getting stuff from the steamworkshop, i assume there are directions for where to put the mods and that yeah?

Re: picking stuff up - like any previous bethesda game, there are a lot of things you can miss if you're not rummaging through the spoils. (food and meds are handy, as are contraband items) The problem really is that, you cant scrap weapons and gear like previous games or bother picking up decent weapons/gear to sell because of either having a ton of stuff to sell anyway.

(like helium or other useable resources, and yeah i know you can feck it in your cargo bay.. also weight restricted lol)

The weight restrictions meaning you've to drop something else to pick something up.. having a mule with you only works for their carryweight too. Should at least be able to fieldstrip the mods from weapons and gear, considering you can feckin build them and install them.

Bottomless sci-fi sack please.

Like I said earlier, stop picking up everything you see. This isn't Fallout 4. If you don't need or want the gun, leave it.

Also, if you're within range of your ship you can essentially teleport stuff from your inventory to the ship's cargo hold.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Is the patch expected shortly or are we talking a few weeks away?

• Advertisement

An update is live for the gamepass version on the PC so I assume that's the patch from the notes above.

Also a new Nvidia driver out, gonna update both.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Nexus Mods is where the mods are at, easy to install for steam and game pass.

No DLSS, I mis red the patch notes, no DLSS or FOV slider yet😭

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

I read some top 23 mods article but it seems a lot of them clash if they change the same files so I only really got the Star UI one going for the inventory, maybe did something with the compass when using the scanner that shows my weight too. Took me a while and was frustrating as I had to load and unload mods.

In game, the menu system is too clunky for PC. That's my biggest gripe with games nowadays. They're all built to cater for console so the UI is generally pretty basic and designed for someone sitting back on a couch playing on a TV 15 feet away. If I'm playing on PC I want detailed intricate UI with loads of info and character too. I remember game designers saying they used to pour so much effort into UI's and interface because it was what players see the most.

The system maps which you are in and out of the WHOLE time are only just about passable. Is there even a manual for this game? There are icons beside the planets I've no clue what they mean. And the dots on some resources, is that rarity? I know I know, can probably just google it.

Anyway yeah, enjoying the game, it has captured my attention for the past few days like many other games I've paid full whack for have failed to do. So there's that but it definitely needs more polish

I'm not. I dunno why you keep saying that either.. calm down.

I'm perfectly calm, the tone you assume exists in your mind. 🙂

To see why I'm saying it, read the thread.

You've repeated yourself enough to warrant me saying what i said.

Forgot there was an ignore button. Disregard. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

To the people playing with mods, would ye continue to play if ye didn't have access to them? I feel that's something that needs addressing when people are talking about how much they're enjoying it if they use mods. I know I'd still be playing if there was an SX mod for inventory management and 60fps, I'd probably put up with the loading.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I haven't done any crafting yet, must try some tonight, I did upgrade my ship though, added storage, was a pain in the ass to put it all back together again but once you get use to it its grand. Really enjoying the game though, loving the combat, I think that's the best bit about it, feels really punchy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

In fairness I constantly had the experience of only finding the turret terminal or whatever after having already cleared out the place in the Fallout games. Unless I had high sneak and lockpick levels, and a lot of patience to actually try to find the terminals and do the minigames instead of just blasting everything.

I might give it a shot tomorrow with the patch and try a few of the nexus mods, will report back if it's worthwhile

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Yeah , theres Celtcorp in Neon , which is run by an Irish family ,the person you deal with , Clover (Chloe) MacLellan ,literally mentions it , her accents pleasant but all over the shop .Give it a month or two and we can get cracking on a mod to replace the voices I guess .

One thing though , guns have weight and mass , ammo doesn't so always pick up ammo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I tried using nexus to install the UI mod but it doesn’t appear to be working and I can’t be arsed figuring out why so I’m still playing with no mods and I find it grand.

A new version of Starfield was released yesterday so some mods might be incompatible for now.

Yeah , it's a double edged sword ...

BGS: we're going to be actively releasing updates.

On the one hand! , Yay , bugfixes .

On the other , oh **** the update bringing those fixes is going to break my mods , so is going to generate a ton of new problems for me! Triple if it's knocking out SFSE .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Nails it. Metro as well.

All the big gaming sites have given it 60-70%. The worst Bethesda RPG ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Will you just give it up, we get it, you don't like the game or the Bethesda style games at all, so ignore it and stop posting about it 🤷‍♂️ simple.

Advertisement