Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formula 1 Round 21 Saudia Arabia GP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Brundle suggesting RB appeal the Hamilton decision. If Brundle keeps this up he’s gonna be eating his lunch by himself in the Sky lunchroom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Hamilton again going off on his first attempt at a flying lap.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Anything could happen in the next 10 minutes. Somehow I don’t think it will be Hamilton & Max claiming the 2 top places. Too much pressure, I’m expecting one of them to make an error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,394 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Christ on a bike Lewis nearly lost it.

Cracking lap from Max - nearly 4/10ths on the first run.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

These onboards really show you how fast of a track this is!

Jesus I’m not well watching these cars giving it welly on this track with the blind corners and it being so fast. All it takes is one little mistake and it’s in the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I'm really not a fan of this track at all

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

It’s not over yet. I’m hoping that Perez can get in front of at least one of the Mercedes.

Oh dear!

Feck that,

That was a bobsleigh run from Max and he paid the price right at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Could be a gearbox .........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Ohh Max!

feck it. The mercs will be breathing a sigh of relief there because max was flying.

• Advertisement

He didn’t NEED to push that hard, he had time in hand!

****!

Ah Goddamnit Max. Pushing too hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Max looked a bit wild all during that lap. Right on the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭agoodusername

I'm upset now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Jos doing a Toto. Disaster for Verstappen. That could be the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

After locking up going into the corner he should of aborted......looks like driver error there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Noooooo ****

Would he have known though?

He was asking for a tow, he knew he had to hammer a lap in.

That front left locking up was the end of that, hope the only punishment is that lap and a broken wishbone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ah balls

Really dumb from Verstappen there. Like really, really dumb. Lap was done, get it into the pits.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,724 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Jesus my heart, that was so tense. Real shame for Max but he was a touch over the limit, enjoyable session that. Hope it's not a gearbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Was well ahead too at that point. That's a shame. That track won't be good for racing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I was worried that whole lap that something like that would happen. He was gunning it too much :(

That women in the crowd sums it up.

• Advertisement

Max using every inch of the track on that lap, I'd expect nothing else from Max other than push the car as hard as he can but unfortunately it back fired this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭quokula

That was all set to be one of those laps people would look back on in years to come, like Senna around Monaco.

Max needed to be millimetre perfect up against every wall to be competitive with the more powerful Mercedes who’s drivers could afford to be far more careful, and he almost did it. Such a shame the last corner bit him.

Hard to imagine the race tomorrow will be free of incident. Hamilton went off twice during qualifying and almost caused a big accident in practice, he’s been a extremely lucky that he hasn’t suffered any consequences from his numerous mistakes so far. Got to think anything can happen in the race tomorrow.

Yeah early in the lap he went as close as he could to the wall.

Whole session was hard to watch, just waiting for a bad accident. Didn’t really enjoy it at all, getting vertigo watching the onboards.

Lewis bigging up Bottas there - "the best team mate there has ever been in this sport"

translates as hold them up tomorrow mate.

The Mercedes’ pit wall sound like they knew they got lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭McFly85

Absolutely gutted, what an unreal lap from Max up until that point. Fingers crossed he hasn’t damaged his gearbox and he can get off to a flyer tomorrow. Unlike the last 2 races the Merc doesn’t seem to have a heavy pace advantage. If he can get around Bottas quickly the race is anyones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Will Red Bull take a risk with that gearbox? Didn't work out for Leclerc in Monaco.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

This track is insane. That lap from Max before he made the mistake at the end was unbelievable. Like others have said though, can't help but feel a little uneasy watching cars going around some of these corners.

Do merc have more in the tank than they are showing? They seem to be struggling to get the tyres to temp but their pace on the hard tyres was really good. Hope Max hasn't damaged the gearbox. I want to see them race tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

RB only hope is a result in their favour from a protest against the yellow flag infringement by Hamilton and going unnecessarily slow in a chicane.

Hamilton will get away handy, open up a 6 or 7 second gap in 10 laps and won't be caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Really disappointing mistake from Max. He should have aborted that lap and finish P3. Bottas could easily get a penalty for that crash with Kimi.

Max has the pace, that is if his car will be ok.

Building up a gap on this track will amount to nothing if (and i'd be astonished if there is none) a safety car appears - we have seen the best of the best go off here Today.

The chances of multiple Safety cars and VSC's must be higher here than anywhere else we have seen.

Merc looked better on long run page is the only thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

I'm not so sure, I think the risk reward for most drivers was in qualifying. Nowhere really to overtake unless it on a straight.

Just get the cars around the track.

That would have been one of the best laps in F1 history. Absolute beast Verstappen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,277 ✭✭✭✭flazio

BBC said in commentary that "No investigation necessary" popped up on that incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Hanging by a thread but the safety car will probably come into play tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭This is it

I know F1 in general is scary at times, and maybe it was the camera angles adding to it, but for me it was edge of your seat, heart in your throat stuff for most of the session.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

How could you not be in awe watching those laps?

These drivers are a different breed to the rest of us. How could you have the balls to put your car so close to the wall each lap? I was nervy just watching that session!

If that is to be the deciding moment of the Championship, Max certainly went out on his sword.

Unbelievable drama in a fantastic season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Hoping for a stonker rave from Max, and I pray the gearbox is ok. RB better inspect the hell out of it!

That lap as well…so close to perfection.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement