Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question on wiring 5 amp plug to antique lamp (with brass fitting)

Options
  • 01-12-2021 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

I want to change the plug of an antique lamp to a 5 amp round pinned plug so that it will go into a 5 amp round pinned socket and I can switch it on from the switch at the door of a room.

the lamp has brass bayonet fitting and is made from alabaster. The wiring holes for the lamp are quite small and i do not think modern wiring will fit. the lamp is an irish lamp with irish wiring but currently has an plastic (insulated?) US/Canadian Plug type A (i.e. has two flat parallel pins) as I previously took and used the lamp in north america.

I have now returned to Ireland and want to change the plug back.

Is it possible and safe to wire old wiring on this type of lamp without a ground into a 5 amp round pinned plug for use in Ireland?

Photo attached, thanks in advance for any guidance!

Advertisement