Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooker cable is short

Options
  • 01-12-2021 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭

I replaced my cooker wall switch recently and I noticed that the cable was just long enough to be wired into the back of the switch and no more. My house is a storey and a half and the cable from the switchboard to the cooker is routed along the wall plate and through the downstairs ceiling space along the joists to where it goes into the wall ducting and down to the switch.

Rather than trying to replace the whole cable, is there any type of junction box /connector that could be used to extend the cable to the switch? Perhaps a box/connector which could be placed on the wall near the ceiling and a new piece of cable wired into it?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement