Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open tickets now on sale

Options
  • 02-12-2021 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

Available now if you’re pre registered, then to everyone from 5pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭big_drive

Probably no rush this time, I'm assuming there won't be any major restrictions on crowd numbers like last year. But anything is possible I suppose we've learned

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Not much interest in it myself this year. Don't get why they would return to the same venue two years in a row when we have so many top quality golf courses to offer here.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

Booked tickets for the Friday anyway.

Same as above, not overjoyed with the return to venue. Nothing against the course, a great track in it's own right but players have stated that they want competitive links golf in the run up the The Open.

Hopefully the prize fund increase to 6 million will be enough to attract a half decent field

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭spuddy4711

A Christmas virtual stocking-filler for the golfer who has everything

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭dazzday

As someone who has never been to a golf event, would you recommend it? Which day is best to go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

If you are going for the first time and have a golfer or golfers you really want to see then you need to go either Thursday or Friday.

If i was you i would try go 2 days, the Friday and the Saturday. that way you get the best of both, but if you are local then go Friday and Sunday.

First, if you are a golfer or a golf fan, go to the event. Seeing the top players play in person cannot be captured on television and has to be seen to truly appreciate the skill level involved.

If I can only go one day I always go on Friday. You know who the leaders are after day one and who to watch out for, and any other players you wanted to see might miss the cut if you wait until the weekend. I got caught out in carton house a few years ago when loads of top names missed the cut.

And then on the course I like to pick out a nice stretch of good groups to move between. Usually follow a good group out and depending on the course layout I'll start to hang back a bit later in the round to later groups. A nice par 3 is a good chance to park up for some lunch and watch a few groups play through then carry on with a different group.

One thing I don't do much of is actually follow the biggest names. Last year I was close enough to Rory's group but didn't stick around for too long, that's where the biggest crowd will be and it's very hard to see much. I actually followed Herbert for a lot of his round and for large parts of it there was only a handful of people around even when he was taking the lead. You really get a feel for how they play the round in these cases.

Other than that, pack a good bit of food/drink as what's on offer on site tends to be a rip off. And also print out the tee times before you go, maybe highlight the one's you're interested in.

And enjoy some world class golf 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Motivator

Mt Juliet is a great venue, however with full crowds it won’t be as enjoyable as it was in July just gone. There are lots of holes where there are bottlenecks so crowds are almost single file, particularly on the front 9. With just a couple of thousand per day in July it was fantastic in my opinion.

The back 9 is a much better viewing spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Anyone know if there was a discount for those that pre registered for tickets?

The prices showing on the site now seem a bit steep to me? €140 for a season ticket when it's been €80 in past years (at superior venues).

Usually they have a month or two of early bird prices but looks like that's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

I have never been before but got tickets for the Friday last night.

Excited about going 😀

What is the parking like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Andrew93

Probably a stupid question but how do I go about getting tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭spuddy4711

Search for europeantour.com

Towards top of this page, press Tickets

DP World Tour Schedule shows all upcoming events.

At end June, see Irish Open, there you will find the tickets icon

Press this, you will find season tickets and tickets for each day.

Was grand this year, they were using a field straight across the road from the coarse. Not sure how that will change next year with increased crowds though. Get there nice and early is my advice 🙂

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I got myself a Sunday ticket. Only day I know I can go due to work commitments. Looking forward to it now.

Advertisement