Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google video conferencing (on Windows 10 laptop)

Options
  • 02-12-2021 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭

I am just looking for a steer on the above facility. I have used MS Teams and Zoom but not the Google videoconferencing. Is there anything I need to download? Do I have to have be logged into my gmail account to access the conference? I am not the administrator. Apologies if thread is in wrong sub-forum.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

If you mean Google Meet, it doesn't require any account or anything to be downloaded or installed. It just runs in a browser, and prompts you to enter a name when you try to join a meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Yes I meant Google meet. Thanks for this. Will I be able to put up (say) a Powerpoint slide on it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You can share your screen, so if you're running the Powerpoint slide set on your PC, it'll be visible to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Thanks again for this Spear. I did a test-run presenting to myself effectively, seems fine.

Advertisement