Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coming from this machine suggest an upgrade for 350

Options
  • 02-12-2021 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I got this machine last Christmas and thought it made nice coffee, i don't mind spending a bit more now on a better machine.

Can anyone recommend a machine in the 350 range or should i spend slightly more? would like the next one to last a few years if possible.

If it makes any difference i normally have milk latte's using OAT/Soya and have started using 3FE ground coffee lately which is beautiful!

Thanks folks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I'd suggest increasing your budget to €400, and spending €200 on a clean solid secondhand espresso machine, like a Gaggia Classic, or a Rancilio Silvia. Spend the other €200 on a decent grinder (second hand will see you with a better grinder), but at a minimum, you should be able to get a new Sage pro grinder. In fact, buy the grinder first, and see how it works out with your Swan Retro Pump machine - it'll likely represent the best upgrade you can get right now for your money, and worry about the espresso machine upgrade afterwards.

Advertisement