Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lastminute.com

• 02-12-2021 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

looking for an advice - holidays booked for 2020 and refund not received up to now.

AIB refused cash back, paid with debit card. Quite a lot.

how can i fight it?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,726 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Well what where the terms and conditions? Was it refundable or non-refundable?

you may have cause to fight it

did the flight fly ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭beachhead

I'd say AIB refused you a cashback because the prospects of them getting a refund from lastminute.com is slim.As far as I am aware lastminute.com is currently incorporated in the UK.You could try contacting Which(the consumer group-its private not a government organisation in the UK for advice on how to proceed or the Competition and Market Authority(CMA)-it's a statutory gov. organisation in the UK.The European Consumer Agency(correct name?) or ecc.eu I think.They have an office in Dublin - might the people to start with for advice/action.I can't think of the name the english equivalent to the consumer agency but probably listed on gov.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tom3k

@ted1 - no the flight was cancelled and lastminute.com keep saying for two years that they are working on the refund so they didn't refuse this refund but it only takes extremely long and i don't believe they will do anything...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,726 ✭✭✭✭ted1

If under 2,500 then Use the Small claims court

@ted1 can i use small claims if it's non-irish company ? they're in Amsterdam...

• Advertisement

Contact the euconsumer centre at eccireland.ie if lastminute are in Amsterdam.Have any emails from lastminute as evidence that they acknowledged your refund request.Lastminute do not like paying money back to it's clients.

i will do that I have an email about it from them and I will use this as a proof thanks for the hint!

Hope it works for you.The EU might have influence.Can't say much but Bart Simpson and Genghis Khan would easily get jobs with lastminute.Cruella would breeze the interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Travel insurance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭transylman

So I booked a weekend in a London hotel last November through lastminute. When I got to the hotel they had a record of the booking but had not received payment. I paid because it was late, and got on to lastminute the next day. They have been giving me the complete runaround since then, ignoring my recent emails and the customer support line claim they are unable to comment on it because it is being handled by their claims department, who are not reachable.

What are my options on how to proceed? It is around 500 euro so I was thinking small claims court. I just have no idea on who to address the claim to as their Ireland offices dont appear to have a proper address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

Has anyone experienced something similar? Booked connecting flights from Doha through Heathrow to Shannon, the flight was definitely a connected flight and lastminute.com confirmed this. We had 2 hours to make the connection.

When we went to check in the lady told us there was no flight to Shannon appearing on the system. So our bags would be taken out at Heathrow and we’d have to connect ourselves. This was impossible given it was from terminal 4 to terminal 2 which includes an underground train trip.

Despite a non stop dash as soon as we left the plane we never made the connection and had to rebook our own flights and taxi to Stansted. Whole lot cost us €700 (checked bags and taxis etc)

lastminute are saying they won’t give a refund and to contact the airlines. The airlines had already told us we’ll have to contact the booking agency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,893 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

First port-of-call

Can you reference anywhere that LastMinute.com made it clear to you that they were definitely connecting flights? I.e an email trail, online screenshot etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭89897

Was it all on one ticket number? As the above poster said, so you have reference of where last minute confirmed it was a connection? Also what airlines was it?

Sounds like a self connect. If it had been a true connection, you would have received bp's at Doha and bags would have been tagged to SNN.

As above, was it all on the one ticket number and do you have proof of this? Your best option in this instance would be to initiate a chargeback (if it wasn't a 'connection'). Travel insurance might cover but they will insist you exhaust all other options.

@callaway92.. @89897 @endofrainbow

Definitely a single booking/full connected flight. The whole trip (outbound and inbound) came in one email with one booking number and the booking reference ID for the whole trip is one number too. There is no mention of self-stops etc anywhere.

Adding to that, I even went onto the chat to get them to confirm this and they said it was a connected flight, they said it was just like the outbound one (which was connected too) and that was booked fine, in Shannon they could see the leg to Doha.

And in fact their email responses are fairly nonsensical and not really addressing the issue ( I am being fairly clear about it I'd like to think), and they are basically inadvertently acknowledging it was a connected flight because they are saying ridiculous things like "It looks like your connected flight has already departed" (yea I know :D).

Thanks for the suggestion about the chargeback. I will look into that, I am not sure what it entails as it could be argued that most of the trip was delivered upon. Im not looking for the entire money back (both outbound and inbound) just whatever our costs were as a result of the mistake. I am also going to start pressing the airlines more. Someone made a mistake somewhere for sure and booked them separately. Either that or there was a problem with their system in Doha, in which case Qatar airlines need to pay I guess, but I would have thought that should be lastminute.com's responsibility to get the money off them.

I have screenshots from the chat, and emails etc as per my post just above. I would say that element wont even be up for debate on their side. I think the real issue here is they are basically telling us "tough luck" and shrugging their shoulders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Looking at flights to Rome for a weekend in April.

Lastminute.com is showing 100 euro less per person than booking with Aer Lingus out and Ryanair back. This surprised me as I never expect to see anything cheaper than booking directly with Ryanair.

Also the baggage options for carry-ons look different on each of the airline's sites.

Sounds messy

Is Lastminute.com a safe and valid option in this case?

Does it include and baggage allowance?

Why not just book them yourself ?

Because it's €400 cheaper for 4 people.....

Neither price included baggage

• Advertisement

I actually don't know about the seats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,627 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

The baggage charges and arrangements are very different between Ryanair and Aer Lingus these days.

It's a while since I've flown so I can't remember exactly what the rules are but it might be worth your while taking the booking process as far as you can with each and see how it works with bags included, the difference might not be as big in reality (unless you're basically willing to travel with just a handbag, which is free for both).

You can get away without paying for a seat as long as you don't need to sit together, again the timing and arrangements for both airlines differ these days.

Advertisement