Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to log into banking365 from abroad without using the activation code?

• 02-12-2021 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I moved to the US in 2015 and since BOI changed the login requirements for 365online a year or so ago, I've not been able to log into my account.

My problem is that as a recent extra step to the login process, they now send a confirmation code to your Irish mobile. I have an Irish sim card but don't have the ability to top it up from abroad (I did not set this facility up with Eir before I left Ireland last time). Obviously I can access wifi in the US with my Irish sim card but you need to be connected to a network to receive these bank confirmation code texts (wifi alone is not sufficient for some reason...it's the same with all banks, even in the US).

And even if I could top up from the US, I certainly do not want to be in a position to have to top up my Irish sim with time sensitive monthly credit every time I want to log into 365online.

Anyone know a workaround? The reason I ask here is because BOI help is less than helpful.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,146 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You should be able to top up the SIM card by going to the website of the provider, alternatively if you know someone with an AIB account all networks can the topped up online from that.

Most pay as you go plans will remain active for 6 months after you last topped up where you will still be able to receive texts, double check this with your provider, worst case may be 2 minumum top ups a year. Being in the US you will likely be charged to receive each text.

Just change your number thats registered with Banking365 to your new US number. Obviously you'll have to login to do that but the credit you have to buy will be a one off payment if you then change the number.

Advertisement