Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Binance account verification

• 02-12-2021 8:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had an email from Binance looking for you to verify your account. I have had 4 emails from them or someone claiming to be Binance asking me to complete my verification in order to continue to use the platform. I never used my Gmail account when I initially registered my account with them and the emails are coming through on that account. At the risk of sounding stupid, I am guessing this is some type of scam. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

Most likely a scam. When you log into your Binance account are you seeing the same "account verification" requests in your messages?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

No, I'm not. I'm 99.9% sure it's a scam myself but was just querying if anyone else has gotten this email

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

I didn't get it (been with Binance for a few years though so already verified). You can assume it's a scam.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭dougal0691

set up anti phishing on binance. you give them a 4 digit code and they will put that code on the top of their emails so you'll know if an email isn't from them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Cheers guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Don't think it's a scam. I'm getting the same message in the app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

KYC has to be done but only do it within the app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Always assume any emails you receive relating to crypto are a scam. Just dont click any links from a crypto related email.

If you question whether or not your account on any platform needs verification then just login to that platform as you normally do and if its legit then they will inform you on the platform if there are issues with your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Seurat

Go to haveibeenpwned.com and put your emails address in there.

it should point to what website was hacked. that will help you see where they got your addy from

really your exchange should have an email address which is only used for just that exchange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭KilOit

I'm getting the same emails. it's asking me to use Binance Auth and to import my Google Auth to it. doesn't feel right and I did get onto Binance regarding it but it all seems above board.

• Advertisement
Advertisement