Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miniature Schnauzer puppy food recommendations

Options
  • 03-12-2021 3:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Any advice about food for my puppy would be really helpful and appreciatted.a

I would like some help and advice on the best food for our miniature Scnhauzer.

We have a 5 month old and have tried a few different foods.

3 have seemed the best so far. None of these have upset his stomach, yet.

Carnilove dry puppy. Had good reviews but he wasn't too keen on eating it.

Red Mills leader for puppys. He seemed to like it but is it any good?

Red Mills Go Native Puppy Salmon. He also liked the taste, but is it any good.

Any other recommendations or suggestions would be really healpful.

Thanks again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I have my puppy on Gain puppy food made by Glanbia. So far so good. IKC sponsored so we got a free bag to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Carnilove would be a good quality food.

Red Mills Leader and Go Native would be decent enough too. Go Native I think scores over 80% in all about dog food website, which is a good barometer to check.

My little lad is on Acana small puppy, it would be similar price bracket to Go Native, maybe a bit less but would score higher. Im also going to look at some of the better zooplus brands, Markus Muhle and Lukullus, but he likes the Acana and Im inclined to stick with it.

When I got my puppy, he was on Gain, it is just ok. The ones you are using would be much better than it.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭pauly58

When we bought our pup he was on Red Mills puppy, we moved him onto raw as we have fed all our dogs for the past 35 years. Carnivore Kellys sell Manifold Valley raw chubs which are good 80-10-10, now we just feed DIY, chicken necks, chicken wings, mince, sardines etc. There are some Facebook pages that give info on raw feeding Barf UK & Raw feeding for dogs made simple [uk] are two.

Conor Brady has some great info on Dogs Trust as well as his books.

Advertisement