Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Running Headphones

• 03-12-2021 12:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭

It has probably been asked many times so apologies. What is the general consensus on the best wireless earphones for running? Looking for decent fit when running, some Noise cancelling so if the gym so I can block out the background gym music and noise. The Sony WF-1000XM4 seem to lead the way in sound quality and noise cancelling but seen some mixed review about not been the best fit for running and can make a thud sound as you run. What else would be combo of best fit sound and noise cancelling and are generally well received. I am thinking Jabra Elite Active 75T first or JayBird Vista 2. Which of these would be more popular or is there a better candidate out there that is not Airpods?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I like my https://en-ie.sennheiser.com/cx-400 for running but they do make that thudding sound you've highlighted about the sony. Just as a side note, those ones lack active noise cancelling (there's a couple of more expensive models [CX Plus & Momentum 2] that offer that feature).

I couldn't get the airpod pro's to stay in my ears and had a lot on noise leakage regardless of the noise cancellation, so mileage will vary from person to person.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,550 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

OP, what did you go for?

I've been using RHA's TrueConnects on my runs, for podcasts. When they work they're great. Unfortunately, RHA have replaced two pairs and the ones they sent me in May (TrueConnect 2) no longer seem to charge as of a week ago. Don't know why. To be fair, their customer service have been very easy to deal with. I'm thinking of moving away from them because I've yet to use a pair that have last 12 months. A pity, I use their wired stuff before and liked it too. RHA also have ANC ones and I watched some reviews last night. Think I'll stay clear.

I've seen a few runners with Aftershokz Aeropex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Sennheiser CX Sport are dirt cheap at the moment!

https://en-ie.sennheiser.com/bluetooth-headphones-headsets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭henke

I got the Jaybird Vista 2 but sent them back. They fitted perfectly and had good ANC. Used them in the gym for one run on the treadmill and blocked out the background noise good. I wanted to love them and keep them but the Bluetooth was just too buggy. They would play with no audio coming and out and would have to put them back in the case and take out again to force a new connection which may work. I just couldn't justify the outlay with the issues they present and dealing with workarounds. If they sorted this they would be perfect or perhaps I was unlucky with a bad pair so I'm back to the drawing board at the moment.

The aftershocks seem well reviewed and good for outdoor running but I am also looking for something that will double up as gym headphones that can block out outside noise.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,550 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thanks both.

I was looking on Reddit last night and a few people had negative experiences of the Aftershokz - guess you'll get that with any electrical product, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭henke

Yeah I got the Jaybird Vista. The first edition. Same fit as the 2s but did not experience the same Bluetooth bugs thankfully and worked as intended out of the box. Did not come with the ANC but no loss as it comes with a good passive noise cancelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

great thanks, seem sold out at the mo but will check again.

Advertisement