Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing an Account

Options
  • 03-12-2021 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi. I have an old joint savings account and now I want to close and transfer to another bank. BOI are not my main bank and I am not online with this account. Can I call into my local branch and what do I need to have with me to administer this transaction. TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there

We’re sorry to hear you are looking to close your account. If the balance of your account is €0 and your address and mobile number are up to date, you will be able to close your account here if this is a demand deposit account.

If it's a fixed term deposit account, where you would have been paying a direct debit into it each month, you can call our customer service team on 0818365365 or on +353 1 404 4000 if calling from abroad. You can also call into any of our branches with ID such as a passport and we can close the account for you. We can also close a demand deposit account for you in the branch.

Thanks

Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Smallglass

Thanks

Advertisement