Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Mild Symptoms?

Options
  • 04-12-2021 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭

Chills, sweats, runny nose, blocked sinuses, headaches, body ache, slightly elevated temperature.

Is that considered mild?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

It's mild in medical terms.....you might feel like crap and like you are on your deathbed, but Micheal Martin says it's mild & you are probably over exaggerating or faking it.

Get well soon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

As a doctor who posted here in the early days put it "mild" in very simple terms means not requiring hospitalisation. So you might feel like you're dying and then wish you were, but if you're not in need of an ambulance that's "mild".

From what you describe that's headcold level mild. Many describe the flu as "oh god you'd know if you had it, it's way worse than a headcold", but that's still mild. I wouldn't know personally as I've never had the flu.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

I've had the flu.

I've also mumps and weil's disease over the last 20 years.

This week I have covid.

My symptoms are mild compared to flu or mumps. Neither hospitalized me but with both I couldn't stand up long enough to have a decent shower.

Complete walk in the park this far compared to weils. Which put me in ICU and had ICU nurses worried.

I have a stinging headache, blocked sinuses, sore throat, worsening cough, aches in arms and legs and shivers for the last 3 days.

I will count myself extremely lucky if this is as bad as it gets. I'm sitting in a chair eating tayto after an egg and cheese roll. Halfway through a good book. Worked the last 2 days from home (more to stave off boredom)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭wandererz

• Advertisement

Seems to be doing the rounds in a bigger way. I was surprised at the queue of people at the testing center this morning as well.

Lots of families with kids too.

I'm glad this happened after the vaccines. If it was before I'd probably have ended up in ICU.

Hope you get well soon.

Thanks.

Tis very boring.

But will survive

Hope you're over the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

yeah, its a joke. the world shutdown for this.

Well I'm a 40 year old double vaccinated and pretty fit with no underlying health conditions.

I'm quite happy it shut down to keep my asthmatic father and brother or my father in law with heart conditions out of hospital or icu or alive.

But I like other people

• Registered Users Posts: 5,631 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

How long is a piece of string...

Personally I would call it mild symptoms if I had a few sniffles and coughs but I'm not really impaired. Something I would not hesitate to play soccer with for example. Run it off even if you like. (ye I know, not with covid, generally speaking here)

Medium symptoms or just 'symptoms' is what I would call what you describe.

Strong symptoms I would call what people call a bad dose. May include fever, really feeling like sh1t and may bring me to bed for a day or two or longer.

Severe symptoms I would call something that makes me go to the doc/hospital.

• Advertisement

I am slightly asthmatic, it has tapered down with age and breathing excercises. I also have scarring on my lungs from previous infections early on in life.

However, every time I get the flu it ends up in an upper respiratory tract infection requiring antibiotics.

This seems to be the case now.

It feels like a mass & an ache at the top of your lungs and hence the rest of your lung (the lower bit) has to involuntarily squeeze as much as possible to eject it. So constant coughing. This then leads to aches in the chest & back.

So I have this to contend with this as well at the moment.

Even though it's not nice, I am used to dealing with this, but others may fair a lot worse.

Combine that with a blood pressure of 157 over 110 as I had last night and it puts one into a different category leading to further problems. But most people don't check their blood pressure.

These symptoms I can deal with. I gather this is due to the vaccinations lowering the impact.

I dread to think what would have happened with me prior to six months ago.

My father in law, a double cancer survivor, he definitely would not have survived it.

This virus attacks the respiratory system to begin with, so anyone with those or related problems are at increased risk.

I think that I have done well to have evaded it so long but it seems an inevitability over time.

I guess I'm currently at this stage.

Mild / Light.

Simultaneously I thought that I was losing my taste when took a few swigs, until I looked at and reconsidered that label.

Should have gone with the full fat version for the beer but glad to have the light version of the virus.

Got to have positivity!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

I am pretty much on the same boat...day 5 into it....persistent temperature...37 - 37.5 and feeling not well...burning in lungs...no coughing...and lost taste and smell...which i dont miss....

If this is mild well i am usually sick 2 days tops now this is hit gor me...5 days elevated temp....and dont know whats coming next.... Anxiety to the roof.....

And the best thing is this....wife is due 11.12.......tell me how can i do it.....have other 2 kids.....wife and kids negative so far...me.isolating with mild symptoms....what a timing

Day 5 was my worst.

Got slightly better every day since.

Today is 11ish.

Feeling good bar cough and bit weak.

Once my fever passed I improved pretty quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

Oh cripes! Good luck with it all. Hope you feel better soon.

How was your breathing? All clear no cough? I feel slight burning and pressure on chest....i am fully vaccinated (mid july) and i do not wish this to anybody....

The cough only came on about day 7 or 8.

Now day 11. Headache gone since day 9. Cough there but improving. Managed to look after 2 young kids all day but shattered now.

Obviously no cases are the same. But once the fever broke I was on road to recovery.

Hope you feel better in the morning. You guys need a couple plans in place for if your wife goies into labour over next few days. Once you have plans you'll feel better. Otherwise you will understandably worry about every different possibility.

Has she someone that can go to hospital with her? You should talk to doctor regarding the kids. You may have to break isolation and mind them. Or do you know someone who had the virus lately that can come in and mind them.

Well doc said rang ambulance for the wife....and regarding the kids...i moved into area few.months a go....we are both foreign....living here 17 years but no family around...so i will have to stand up and mind them.... 7 and 3...but for now i need to stand up...which is very dificult...

I am 38...no medical condition.... And i never though this would catch me so hard.... I know no case is the same....but more then anything i need hope....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

I felt the same but those symptoms passed after about 10 days , after that though I was wheezy and had sore ribs and sternum area for about 3 more weeks , from the coughing I guess but I didn't do an awful lot of that so I dunno maybe some lung infection aswell. Anyways it passed and I feel better now . Getting active seemed to help .

Advertisement