Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loss of emergency phone calls,as BT Fibre and Digital Voice switch copper landlines off in S.Down.

Options
  • 04-12-2021 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

I've recently had BT switch my landline over from copper to VOIP fibre Digital Voice.

Whilst the audio quality is much better,in the event of power switch off,sometimes for 8 hours at a time,as more houses are built, I can no longer make calls with the old non mains phone.

This is because the copper line coming to the house had 48 volts dc which powered an old phone in the event of the house having no power, this has been taken away by BT, and calls are now only over the Internet.

Another interesting development is that the 1571 answering services is now included and is free.

Advertisement