Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2022 *Spoilers*

Options
  • 04-12-2021 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭

Will it be an Uso be winning, King Xavier, selfie man Austin Theory, a final triumph for Jeff Hardy or lumberjack Brock?

I'd love Jeff to win it

For the ladies, maybe Shayna, Naomi or Sonia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

thought Brock would be a shoe in but not so sure now. Probably McIntyre and maybe he’ll be the one to beat Roman at mania. The wwe title picture is so crap so they may well give to some heel on that side to face Big e

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Theory or an Uso would be the right direction. Just not someone we've seen fight for the title loads of times before.

Though not sure what way they'll go with the women. Shayna or depends how they want to push someone like Xia. Maybe they want to go the Bianca route with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sasha Banks for the women's rumble i reckon

Mens is hard one to call atm, so many potential winners but they need to go with a new winner. Jey Uso would make sense storyline wise but meh, would like to see someone like Lashley, Finn or Cesaro to win it. Not Brock please

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Could Sami or Miz get a RR push for the win? Is Sami and KO still contracted for 2022?

KO is a great shout

KO vs roman or Big E sounds like a great mania main event

• Advertisement

Edge & Beth Phoenix vs, The Miz & Maryse

Brock Lesnar (C) vs. Bobby Lashley for WWE Title

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wow WWE has opened the forbidden door Impact Women’s Champion Mickie James enters the Royal Rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Officer999

Very surprising that. I wonder if she’s still Impact champion will she enter with the belt?

After the issue she made about getting her gear in a trash bag on social media that actually cost someone their job and now she is happy to go back 8 months later she must be getting a nice little payday from it and shows just how two faced the talent is as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I think Mickie herself was satisfied very quickly after she was contacted by Steph and Hunter, it was everyone else who made a big joke out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Forbidden door". Stupid fùcking phrase.

And that rubbish bag thing was the most overblown "drama" in wrestling history. I thought she was a clown ever since.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Wonder if they will get anyone else from Impact while they're at it. Cardona/Ryder would be a decent shout for a big pop in the men's Rumble if so..

Why have Charlotte announce all the names. I know the likes of Lita usually return for it, but no reason to not leave them all as surprise entrants.

Imagine Mickie coming out wearing the Impact title. I thought at first she was just coming into it as normal, but then Pat said she was Impact Women's champion. So will be interesting to see if they let her wear the title, assuming she's still champion after tonight. And will Impact advertise it in any way?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Agreed.

Personally I hate s*it like this. There's no way you don't come off as a slimey two faced dickhead.

Hilarious Mickie going back for an appearance after all the moaning about the black bag.

Should they cut down the womens rumble to 20? Feels like every year they need to get Kelly Kelly, Torrie Wilson etc as "surprises". It's a bit stupid when it's every year.

Bayley returning to win the women's rumble is looking likely imo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd guess, given the name drop last night, that Impact have likely agreed certain conditions to her usage, part of that being the name drop. I doubt we'll see a belt, but I reckon she gets a decent run, more name drops, etc.

Honestly, I don't see it as hypocritical or whatever of Mickie. If anything, it's a little bit of vindication of her worth that they've had to go running back to her to hype their Rumble, cause they've gutted their women's division so badly. I'd imagine it sticks in their throats a bit that they've had to dig into the well and give Impact recognition like that, so fair play to her for getting a presumably nice big pay day out of it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Ah here, this is what Mickie's final word on everything actually was:

"I would like to address this one last time, then we can all move on. I have so many amazing things on the horizon. The last thing I desire it to have any of that tainted with ugliness and negativity. I take zero pride of joy in the fact that someone would lose their job ever. Especially someone I considered a friend. I am confident that Vince & the McMahons had no idea that this is how we were sent packing. It hurt a fragile me much more ten years ago when my belongings arrived on my doorstep, because WWE was my everything. I’ve grown as a woman and a person as much as we all have in this business. I am stronger today than I’ve ever been and smart enough to know that it wasn’t a deliberate attack on me. However, the symbolism can not be denied. I am sorry that a thoughtless and tone deaf act would cost anyone their job. But I am not sorry that I had the courage to ensure it will never happen to anyone else moving forward. So if that’s my final mark in this company moving forward I am ok with that. When I first started in this business one of the best pieces of advice I received was, “Just leave the business better than you found it kid” and that has always been my ultimate goal. I love you all so much. I am legitimately grateful for my time at WWE and throughout my whole career. I am looking forward to everything that is next. I truly hope you are too and perhaps you will join me."

How does that make her two-faced at all by going back now?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

How ? From instagram videos she’s put out she’s not been back in the ring and isn’t putting weight on her leg so unless she’s working us I don’t see how she’d be back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Officer999

If Impact had planned for her to lose the title it definitely isn’t happening now

Trying to think, with regard to Mickie possibly wearing the title, outside of numbers 1 and 2 do champs usually wear their title to the ring since they don't have a proper entrance?

Looking at last years entrants 8 of the women no longer work for WWE. Only 4 of the men. That's not counting 1 off appearances like Torrie Wilson or Hurricane.

Post edited by CastorTroy on

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mickie knew exactly what she was doing when she put out that imagine of a bin bag on social media, she wanted to cause outrage with the internet wrestling fans she could have quiet easily sent an email to Steph, HHH, Vince and others saying how she got her belongs back was out of order and left it at that however like most celerberies on social media she wanted the traffic on her profiles and in the end she cost a man his job.

If the WWE offered everyone they sacked over the last year a spot in the Rumble I'm sure 90% of them would take it that's just the nature of the WWE they do not care about the talent yet the talent care about being in the WWE.

Never happen in a month of Sundays but imagine WWE working with AEW in some ways

The world of pro wrestling would be totally shook and truly an answer back to the Monday night wars

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Riff, she took to social media complaining. She came across as someone who was very hurt by being fired by wwe (fair enough) she said things against the company (again, Fair enough) but when offered a gig to go back 9 months later she took it. Now she took some flak after that person lost her job. But don't you think what you posted could be her doing some damage control?

To be fair to Mickie, most wrestlers would gladly take another pay day. Thing is, most wouldn't air their grievance on social media first. Play the game like. That's my stance. She should have just kept things to herself (or family etc)

If they have arranged some deal with Impact, it mightn't be all Mickie. I mean I doubt WWE would just go to her knowing she's working with Impact and NWA. It's not like she's off tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Too bad the men's rumble isn't stuck and doesn't need an Impact star. Would love to see Moose in the final 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

WWE and Impact have always had a small working relationship for the past couple of years since they have used their old footage on the network and they have had the likes of RVD who were contracted with Impact at the time to appear on one Raw reunion shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Reddit **** on Moose for this post. Really wonder do they actually watch Impact or if any of them are over the age of 18. Moose can hold his own.

Advertisement