Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2022 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Vince thinks Shane returning was a surprise we all wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭xpletiv

I'm actually livid with myself for getting up to watch that after a nap earlier.

I didn't expect much and I'm still disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

A fantastic ppv from top to bottom.

Rondas return will light a fire in female wrestling and give it some buzz again. Becky is a great dance partner for her.

Some big storyline built today. This year's wrestlemania will be special with a face Brock chasing the title.

F'N hell that might be the worst shite i have ever watched the best part was the WM sign on fire and they would not show that.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Haven’t really watched any WWE in the last two years now with the odd exception and RR is usually the one however seeing the general hate for the show on Twitter today I won’t watch this.

Now saying that I watched the whole Ivory clip on YouTube and that was totally Awesome the woman is 60 and has more charisma than 95% of the entire roster male or female.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭ebbsy

All very predictable I felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rollins/Reigns was great.

Women's rumble was fine. Same returns mostly every year now though.

Becky/Doudrop was crap. Doudrop is useless.

Brock/Bobby was decent.

Intergender match was fun.

Men's rumble was crap and predictable.

You weren't gonna watch it anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I watch one PPV every six months, and it feels it always ends with "And then Brock comes out as a surprise, and Brock wins".

I get Brock is a star, but honestly, it just does nothing to bring me back. Brock didn't need the win. He had a clear path towards a title match anyway. 

I thought the Rumble was weak but ok up till Lesnar came out. But once Riddle went out, my heart just sank and I realised the end was going to leave me feeling I'd wasted my time watching. I've seen Brock vs Reigns done to death years ago. I get the dynamic is different now, and I get thats one match they want to do AGAIN at Mania.

But honestly, having watched the PPV, I don't walk away feeling I've missed anything by lapsing as a fan in recent times :/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How is it the production team is able to put up a 10 second timer on the screen but can't follow that timer to know when to show the entrances. Nearly every entrance was like AJ's debut and unless you know every theme tune or saw one of the LED screens, you didn't know who was coming.

Had to look it up as I was sure Ronda had a kid recently and it was in September. Back quickly.

I would like to see her challenge Becky but have Charlotte insist on being her opponent. Just pure jealousy and really go with the Becky/Charlotte stuff. Even have her suggest a triple threat but be denied because Ronda wants Becky 1 on 1.

Seth/Roman rematch will likely be at Elimination Chamber, which is where they'll probably decide on Bobby's next opponent if he's not in the chamber himself.

Looked like Natalya hit her head off Alicia and was holding it for a long time.

Says a lot about their opinion of NXT when not even one NXT member appeared. No Xia Li either.

And whose spot did Brock take?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The best part was Beth power bombing Miz and shield Rollins

How did Brock get in the RR, who did he take out?

Very predictable show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

The Men's Rumble in particular was tragic. Went to bed before it started last night and I reckon I'd have fallen asleep faster watching the thing. The amount of mid carders in the Rumble, with no legends and little to no surprises (although Bad Bunny was great). It was a really dreadfully put together match. Something I love about Rumbles is when they draw on history between wrestlers or there's some interesting connection between the participants. That was sorely lacking. Roode meeting AJ was cool, that was about it. No new interesting match-ups teased. Kofi flubbed his spot (it was bound to happen sooner or later). The final four having Shane McMahon! Brock winning when he absolutely didn't need it. People like Big E or Kevin Owens thrown out without any fanfare, no Cesaro or Finn. What an absolute shambles.

I noticed this as well about the entrances. Had to spend half the time trying to peak at the tron on the ring apron to see who it was because at this stage they've changed so many people's music, I have absolutely no idea who is coming out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭xpletiv

After a few hours sleep, I'll stand by what I said. For the men's rumble , that is the worst one I've ever seen. Worse than 1999. At least 99 told a story. This did nothing.

TNA / Impact got the biggest rub push from this show 😁

I just caught up on the men's predictable RR no Cesaro Gunther or Finn, wtf?

Bunny can sell and hit a move

Even Riddle winning would have been good

Vince and his predictable ppv

I did not think Drew would be back this soon over his injury

Did Brock get naked for Graves so he gave him his RR spot 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

Just on that as well, nearly all the wrestling themes today are so generic and bland. A wrestlers theme alone can generate a pop if they have something instantly recognisable, but no wrestler in recent times has had one, bar Nakamura and Roode (and they even butchered his theme into something bland)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Having slept on it, I quite enjoyed the PPV up to the men's rumble which was a total **** show. They really should have had the women's rumble as the main event it was far, far superior in terms of both how it was produced and for returns etc. How the fook can Vince think Shane coming out and making the Final 4 is a good idea when even bloody Johnny Knoxville can sell better than Shane at this point.

I agree with someone who said when Brock lost the belt the ending just felt very predictable, even if they had swerved to have Rollins come out and win after being beaten down it would have been better but the whole mehness of the main event just leaves a bad taste in the mouth which is a shame as the rest of the show (bar the predictable and unnecessary Becky/Doudrop match) was good to excellent in parts.

Ivory needs to come back as a mentor manager

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I went to sleep during the men's rumble and now glad I did.

So it appears booker t did infact spoil things during the preshow

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When Dominik came out I was confused why he got in the ring instead of just pulling Omos' arm. Would've made more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Yeah...I got the Network back for this just to see the most boring choices to win the RR matches.

• Advertisement

That would be pretty cool if they're using her beyond the Rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

Agreed, I thought some of the CFO$ ones were good but they butchered most of them too. Think it says a lot that I've seen people say how great the Jackass theme was for an intro because it has the opening sting to make it recognisable. Don't think people had any idea who half the people coming out were live until they walked out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I haven’t watched eastenders in years I must go to their thread and comment on how I don’t watch it and how much hate it gets on Twitter.

anyway…

Last two rumble winners Edge and Lesnar says it all about the current WWE product. They have and are continuing to make new stars.

Finn is an absolute jobber in vinces eyes I’ve been saying it here since they brought him back to the main roster. KO as well is a jobber on a big contract. While I understand they’re collecting their pay day I thought those two lads would have more professional integrity in their craft to be made fools off by Vince on a continuous basis.

Big E moved to Smackdown to get lost in the crowd as he won’t be getting near Roman. Waste of a build on him there. There’s no redemption here for WWE. Reigns Rollins with the match of the night that can’t have any pay off as Roman has already moved on to Brock. Womens rumble was fun and Becky Ronda will be a great match and build but that’s it. There’s nothing else WWE can offer it’s fanbase for Mania. Where are the marquee matches?

Wow did not know you could not post in threads or comment on something unless you watch something that thread is about I must reread the boards.ie pro wrestling charter for that rule.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Rollins probably gets into the Smackdown main event and they have a re-run of the triple threat imo. Lita/Charlotte is something they could do while Becky and Ronda unfolds but Charlotte will probably look to get involved in that which is my worry. Bad Bunny might have some involvement. Who will Lashley even face? There's nobody on the RAW roster now that would make that match anyways interesting, Big E and Lashley throwing down again I'd be ok with but with Big E being fired back onto Smackdown, probably Orton or Drew or something we've seen 50 million times previously.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think an AJ vs Bobby feud for the title could be interesting.

I only realised this morning that nearly a 1/3 of the mens entrants were apart of a current tag team (Mysterios/Street Profits/RKBro/Dirty Dogs/Alpha Academy) while people like Cesaro, Finn, a few NXT names were left off the match. Now tbh it wouldn't have made the match that much better anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Tune in for this event every year and I'm pondering more n more why I bother, the sporadic amounts I've seen of AEW what a far superior product they have surely they are on the cusp of being the top dog in the industry I'm baffled if they aren't. A decent women's roster and nostalgia seem to be the main things going for WWE.

Was happy to see Reigns/Rollins first get it out of the way, subjected to Reigns the rare time I tune in, torture if I was a constant viewer no doubt...match not bad however.

The women's rumble was a pretty decent watch till Ronda music hit, is that her for the most part or maybe was she injured?, very limited altogether on that showing at least Shayna Baszler looks the part and has clearly worked very hard. Finish wasn't up to much.

Spoke about a good womens roster yet Becky Lynch is carrying some poor girl for her title match, aptly named Doo drop the sooner put in a doggy bag, lobbed in a bin and forgotten about the better sums that match up.

Went to bed as it was after 3 and was only halfway point! being on the usual Sunday would have suited me better but reading on here it worked out better as what followed seemed like pure dirt and I would have been raging. People on here and dozens on twitter correctly predicting Brock to win Rumble immediately when he lost his match let alone when he walked out in match, woeful.

Don't see the angle in AJ vs Bobby but if they have as much confidence as we hear in Riddle that could be a worthy Mania programme. History there already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I'd give Ronda a pass on any limitations or rustiness given she's been off for nearly three years and had a kid four months ago. The women's Rumble was ok, at least Charlotte didn't win. Sasha's outfit nearly broke the internet by the looks of things. I went to bed after Becky v Doudrop. I may or may not watch the rest later.

Advertisement