Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2022 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I'd love to see it but I'd be shocked if it happened.

For months he's been playing second fiddle to Omos, who's the absolute drizzling **** in my opinion. Think Omos squashed him on Raw a few weeks back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Id say its going to be Big Boss Man this year....

• Registered Users Posts: 31,717 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Have a feeling it might go to Austin Theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looking at the list of entrants, no one really jumps out as a definite winner. And that's a good thing. There are possibilities but may be able to pick out final 4 if they're not eliminated earlier. Same for the women.

Any returns from injury that could happen? Maybe Corey for a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

In preparation for this show I've watched absolutely 0 WWE programming in the last month and a bit, and because of there lack of buzz their TV stuff never penetrates my timeline, as such I have absolutely no read whatsoever on whose is going to win this thing. All of which I actually think will contribute to my enjoyment of watching this show with friends, I'll throw down a cheeky bet on whoever I feel Vince may have a soft spot for tomorrow morning when he wakes up. On one hand, kinda fun that practically anyone can win it as a one night thing. On the other, sad that they've prepped absolutely nobody to win this thing.

• Advertisement

So will Mickie come out to Hardcore Country or her WWE theme? I would assume the WWE theme but since she's representing Impact her Impact music is a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Vince doesn't want anything hardcore or indeed country on WWE programming. I'm just thinking I've no idea who is likely to win the men's either. I think a returning Bayley or Asuka might win the women's. Or Ronda as an outside bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Have been very much out of the loop in regards to WWE but the rumble has drawn me back in for now. It seems to be pretty underwhelming so far in regards to entrants for both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Was just thinking hopefully Asuka comes back and wins the thing, as things stand the women's RR sounds like a potential **** show.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I think Bayley too tbh, I know she's rumoured to be out past Mania but we've heard that before (see Cena, John - 2008 as exhibit A). Men's has the potential to be either really good or really terrible depending on how Vince is feeling😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Sasha or Liv for women's

I think Sasha resigned to have RR win and WM winning moment

I'm hoping Styles or Cesaro for men's RR

The men's rumble seems a bit redundant to me which is depressing. Are Roman or Brock going to actually lose at Mania? Not a chance I feel.

So I'd rather they didn't go the fan appeasement angle by giving it to AJ or Finn because ultimately it won't matter anyway.

I'd sooner have, say Brock lose the title tomorrow night cos of Roman. Lashley skips off with the WWE Title and Brock goes on to face Roman at Mania, and the winner of the Rumble challenges Lashley. Wishful thinking I know right?

That sounds like the best scenario we can hope for.

It's a pity is all I'm saying, Rumble winner used to mean something.

Ringside News reports that Shane McMahon is set to return at the Royal Rumble in St. Louis. Whenever someone like Shane is brought back for the Rumble, it usually leads to a storyline for WrestleMania but it’s not confirmed yet that he will be wrestling at Mania.

Earlier today, RSN reported that Bad Bunny is set to be at the Rumble on Saturday. Also, there are rumors that Ronda Rousey and Kairi Sane will be involved in the Women’s Rumble match.

Post edited by JP Liz V1 on

I know it says spoilers in the title but is it possible to put unconfirmed names in spoiler tags?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hey guys been away the last few days and absolutely jaded and completely out of touch for the rumble this year and I'm disappointed with myself for it haha

Anyway hoping to try catch up on things and watch it live tomorrow

I hope spoiler tag amendment worked @CastorTroy and sorry

Thanks. Was just thinking this close to the Rumble, rumours become more likely. Of course they could just be sites looking for clicks.

Paige also cleared to be in the RR match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Anyone else agree that the Rumble is the best ppv of the year?

'Mania can be a long slog to watch. With this the Rumble matches can at least be fun.

It's always the one I look forward to most. Sometimes the Mania build (actually a lot recently lol) can be tedious or convoluted but the Rumble usually has some decent surprises in the match at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah I usually enjoy it. Great that it's on a Saturday night too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

My favourite and the fact it’s on a Saturday night is a massive plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Great the way it's a Saturday alright. Don't mean to sound like I want jam on it too but would have even been better if it was 12am main show start. Hear this officially goes on to 4:30am which can easily be a 4:45am finish in reality.

Gonna be having a few drinks while watching it and wouldn't mind starting now. But would be wrecked by the end. The Americans don't know how great they have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I see his entry on the Wikipedia WWE Personnel page has him listed as "Inactive; contract dispute".

Anyway, on topic, I enjoy the Rumble as well since you know there's a new entrant coming every 90 seconds or whatever, which is why backloading it kind of takes the interest out of it.

Knowing there are only 5 left to some out and they're 5 names you know are in it, usually with someone like Randy and 2 or 3 others of his level isn't as interesting. Saving a surprise or 2 for near the end is a good idea.

Of course we'll have the usual ones rolling to the outside for half the match and nothing being done about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That's grand, Ali. One less jobber in and more chance of a surprise or something.

I know it won't happen but I'd love Lita and Jeff Hardy to win the rumbles

• Advertisement

Many online think Heyman will help Reigns win, cost Lesnar his title so he enters and wins the men's rumble leading to Reigns vs. Lesnar at WM

Advertisement