Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Tab 2 - broken cable port

Options
  • 05-12-2021 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

I need to decide on replacing a 5 yrs old tablet that has been a good friend. I used it for reading newspapers, taking photos, watching TV/Netflix when travelling. It was a neat device with lovely screen quality, good battery etc. But now the cable port is broken and it seems not a good outlook for getting it fixed. I hope I can somehow get it booted up to retrieve data. But do I need 'good' tablet? I now have a touchscreen laptop that is nearly as neat (size and weight) for travelling with. My tablet seemed to fit between the phone and the laptop but is that superfluous now? Any recommendations for a new one.

Comments

The Samsung Tab A7 10 inch is the best value budget tablet that is worth buying

normally cheaper from one of the italian, german or spain amazons - for around €200 with maybe another 10 postage

good screen, battery life and decent cpu

https://www.hagglezon.com/en/s/tab%20a7

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

Thks for that Glasso. I actually got a Samsung Tab A7 lite with 8.7" display. For some reason on setting it up a 'negative' option was selected which made a mess of photos. This was main reason I wanted it for work project last week. So it got left behind and I made do with phone camera. I have left old tablet in for repair and fingers x'ed. Shop where I bought tablet sorted the negative image issue. Just wondering if I would use the new tablet? I set up e version of Irish times but it is not readable in the page view until items are enlarged. That was one of my main uses for older larger tablet. I think I will try selling it now. I find it awkward in my hand which is too small to hold it properly in one hand ... ok could get a decent case/cover. The ratio is bit different to my old Tab 2 so that take some getting used to. Other things seem good like two speakers and good battery life/fast charge.

Update: have old larger tablet back and repaired. It is actually lighter than the new one. It is a 10" and about 5 yrs old.

Advertisement