Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass maintenance product recommendation

Options
  • 05-12-2021 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭

Hi All....wondering if someone can recommend something to manage a new weed growing, see the attached image. Ideally what to buy/where I can buy in Dublin.

Also looking for advice more generally on what product to put down this time of year to nourish grass/soil for next spring.

And finally....there's about a 20square metre patch of "lawn" that has been covered for years. No grass now, just weeds and moss. What should I spray it with to kill off. Plan would be to kill then rotivate, then sow grass seeds.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

hard to see for certain, but that looks like clover amongst the moss?

whether clover is a weed or not depends on your point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Ok thanks.

Any ideas for nutrition question? Or what to spray to kill off lots of weeds and prep for rotivation and sowing?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 matt.v

Depending on what you're planning to sow, I would think drainage would be a bit of an issue. Moss like that will only grow on heavy to waterlogged soil, which will only worsen after the ground is turned up and there's no plants taking up the water. If there were better drainage overall, the moss would slowly die off and be phased out by stronger grass/clover growth.

Advertisement