Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3fe beans in sage barista express

Options
  • 06-12-2021 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Does anyone use 3fe beans in their barista express? Can't quite get the settings right to make a good expresso

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I bought 3FE beans at weekend and got them to grind them as I am currently without grinder. Tasted lovely. Fine grind - similar to what they would be using in-store. I'm not using a BE though, but should not really matter what type of Espresso machine, right? Mine a Rancilio Silvia.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Have you had success with any beans in your machine? The Barista Express can be very tricky to dial in consistently. I had 3fe, Bell Lane and Badger & Dodo beans in it but couldn't get them dialed in and ended up buying a separate grinder.

If you haven't dialed in any beans there's a shim kit you can get to make it grind finer. I had zero luck with customer support getting one after months of emails though. You will also need to use the WDT method to break up any clumps in the grind so there's no channeling in the puck.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

If you really can’t grind fine enough, then adjust the top burr setting from 6 (default) to 3. I’ve never had a problem dialling in on the BE with the rare exception of one or 2 bags

Advertisement