Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GS613 Inertia Shock Sensors - Can these be triggered by central heating

• 06-12-2021 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi All

I have a bunch of GS613 Inertia Shock Sensors mounted on windows and doors connected to a SPC 4320 panel. Lately the house alarm has been activated around the same time every morning. I've checked the logs and the alarm is being triggered approx 3 mins after the central heating comes on. So about the right time for the radiator to be up to temperature.

I have 4 GS613's grouped in the same zone that is triggered. 3 on windows and 1 on a door. Two of those are above a radiator but have been there for years. So im not entirely sure which one is triggering.

I do know that the one by the door is playing up as there have been a few evenings where it is showing open despite being closed. A few taps on the housing and it closes.

When the alarm triggers, the log shows open but it also shows pulse count and then gross attack.

Could a sensor on its way out be triggered by heating coming on?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It could be if its faulty. You could test the resistance on the loop with a multi meter or disconnect and close them off one by one until the problem disappears.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭sphinxicus

thanks @KoolKid turns out i dont have a multimeter but its probably for the best. I'd probably do more harm than good. Will have to get the installer out to take a look.

Advertisement