Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Driveway Planning

• 06-12-2021 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

I'll be getting the garden ripped up and a new gravel driveway installed. I have a 1.5mmsq T&E terminated on the wall in a JB (this runs back to CU - was meant to be a 2.5mm but sparks is long gone).

Want to future proof for lights and gates when I get round to it. Plan is a duct from the under the driveway to a JB on the wall, and from here a duct to #1 pillar and from there another duct to pillar#2.

Ideally in the future will have pillar lights, some spike lights and a sliding gate/possible intercom.

So plan is a 1.5mm 3 core SWA from JB through duct to the other JB. Also a shielded external grade Cat6. That all sound correct or missing a trick?

Also for the duct, the red ESB is tough to bend I'm told and people use 40mm/50mm twin walled conduit instead?l like this.. https://www.plastics-express.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2780 but can't see any Irish suppliers.

@mods - can this be moved to Electrical? posted in wrong forum :(

Post edited by Darando on

Advertisement