Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Automatic Gates - Advice needed re. trailing leaf

Options
  • 06-12-2021 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all.

I have a Nice gate automation system. X-Metro 2024 motors (underground) and an MC424 Control Unit.

Have been successfully maintaining for the last 8 or so years, including a prior swap-out of one motor.

Today I replaced the other motor with a new identical unit.

The gates are opening and closing, but I've found that the trailing leaf is closing too fast (overtaking the leading leaf) and so the overlap is resting on the wrong side, making the next opening manoeuvre not work. I am planning to reset the system and recommission the mechanical stop auto-sensing. But I'm not sure this will fix the problem.

When I set the trailing leaf delay, does this same time delay apply to the trailing gate in both opening and closing manoeuvres? (the trailing leaf will be a different gate for closing than opening, but I haven't been able to confirm whether this delay applies to both directions, as it seems that would fix the issue.

Nothing else has changed, including the jumper 'E' which has not been moved. In fact I haven't actually been in the control unit whilst changing out the motor.

Any advice from anyone who's in the business and/or seen this before?

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Back in the day when I installed electric gates I remember turning a pot which enabled me to adjust the time delay between gates starting to open or close.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

If you don't find a way to adjust it , swop the faster motor to the leading leaf.

Advertisement