Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB - Reverse Payment from Current Acc to Loan

• 06-12-2021 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi all - going to try to keep this one simple to see if I can explain it clearly rather than complicated and messy.

Have Personal Loan with AIB

Missed monthly payment of €200 on the 26th Nov. Rang AIB and the lenders offered a restructure of the remaining €1000 (of original €4000 loan). They offered a break until March and then revisit come that time.

I agreed to that on Friday so it hasn’t actually gone through yet.

Unfortunately though at the same time, a second effort of the loan direct debit has gone through and will debit my current account tomorrow by €200 making my remaining loan balance €800.

This is a bit of a disaster for me as my pay in is tomorrow and it’ll be a mess for me as €200 will be gone straight away.

Would there be any way at all that AIB would reverse this payment and credit my current account back with the €200 and redebit my loan account by €200?

Thanks in advance for any help

*just asking now before I ring in vain tomorrow

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

They might, but you'd need to ask them directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭marty whelan

I think easiest way out of it would be to apply for an overdraft?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Why exactly? An OD is payable on demand and the T&C will normally require the A/C to be in credit at some point during the 12 month period…

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭TippCashel

I really don’t want to have to go O/D route

Im living week-to-week as it is

Without sounding like an absolute peasant, my money in generally comes in between 03:15 and the NAPS payment is generally 05:10 or so

This is hardly the literal moment the money appears/gets taken away? I could move my money in to Revolut and just take the hit on the unpaid DD for the Credit Card?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭marty whelan

It's a while since I worked in a bank, but at that time there was no way a payment would be reversed. We wouldn't have made a debit from a loan account under any circumstances, other than initial payment. Things may have changed.

Just think applying online for 200/300 euro overdraft will solve problem quickly. Account will be in credit Everytime op gets paid

• Advertisement
Advertisement