Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple TV box from eir

Options
  • 07-12-2021 7:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have an apple tv box that came from eir.

If I wanted to give this to someone who does not have eir for TV I bb can it still be used?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ant_oco

Yes, its just a standard Apple TV box. Eir just pre-configure their app on it for your eir account.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Just bear in mind that unless you’ve completed your minimum contract period or paid eir the exit fee it’s not yours to give away and eir may want it back.

But yes, it’s just an entirely bog standard Apple TV just like the ones you might buy on the Apple Store or in the shops. (New ones I think people have said come with an eir “traditional remote”, great for those who can’t work the Apple remote but which might limit its usefulness for non-eir stuff. The Siri remote is not cheap).

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

It will work for most "over-the-top" apps such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, RTE Player etc. However, it won't work for the Eir TV app unless you have an Eir TV subscription. The Eir TV app delivers the usual live TV channels - RTE, BBC, Channel 4 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Patchin

Will apple tv 4th generation download the eir app

Advertisement