Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Application for savings account for an existing current account holder

Options
  • 07-12-2021 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Currently trying to open a GoalSaver account from within 365online banking.

Couple of questions: why do I need to provide a complete set of personal information (again) - like everything from name, address, PPS Number, employer...?

I just opened a current account with BOI and starting the application from within online banking. All that information is already available.

Furthermore, it looks like the monthly payments will be done using a direct debit - how do I change the amount at a later stage?

It genuinely makes no sense to use DD for this purpose. I would very much prefer sending the money using a standing order or similar, that I can change as and when necessary.

Finally, maybe some UX designer can have a look at that web form for the application. It is not exactly straightforward to use.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

Thanks for the post.

With a new savings account, the existing current account detail does not carry over. It is important to ensure the person applying for the new product can identify themselves with ID along with their personal detail for their new account.

You can amend the direct debit amount when logged into the App by selecting Services and scroll to Send a Message, a colleague can action this and will reply back to you. You can also call 0818365365 to have this amended.

We will certainly pass on your experience relating to the application on our site. Thanks for sharing this with us,

Alison

Advertisement