Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonos surround sound - through Android phone vs Sony Bravia

• 07-12-2021 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for a solution to a problem that is baffling me.

I have a Sony Bravia TV (KD-55XH8196 model) and a Sonos Beam and two Sonos Ones as surround speakers in my living room. Beam is connected via HMDI to the ARC port on the TV.

I can stream Tidal (Hi-Fi) or Spotify to the three speakers and get a lovely immersive sound in the room. But when I use the Tidal or Spotify app on the Sony TV, the sound isn't at all comparable. Seems like the sound is concentrated through the Beam even though some sound is output through the L and R Sonos Ones.

I seem to be able to get Dolby surround sound through the Sonos speaker system when I'm playing TV or Netflix, or even Now TV through the Sony apps, but I wonder if I'm getting the full experience.

I've looked at the settings on the TV, my Virgin box, and the Sonos S2 app, and everything seems to be set up for Dolby Digital. I know I can't get Dolby Atmos through Todal as I don't have the Hi-fi plus package on Tidal.

Anyone have any ideas why I can't get the proper audio surround sound when playing music through the Tidal/Spotify apps through the TV?

Cheers

Comments

Advertisement