Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurovision Song Contest 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭delboy85

Duplicate post.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

I tried that sorter, surprisingly accurate. My top 40

1. Poland

2. Serbia

3. Ireland

4. Austria

5. Italy

6. Armenia

7. Czech Republic

8. Iceland

9. Sweden

10. Norway

11. Cyprus

12. Romania

13. Portugal

14. Netherlands

15. France

16. Finland

17. Estonia

18. Greece

19. Spain

20. Lithuania

21. UK

22. Ukraine

23. Germany

24. Latvia

25. Albania

26. Georgia

27. Belgium

28. Slovenia

29. Denmark

30. San Marino

31. Croatia

32. Malta

33. Azerbaijan

34. Montenegro

35. Switzerland

36. Israel

37. Bulgaria

38. North Macedonia

39. Moldova

40. Australia

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I originally had Czech Republic as a top 5 contender, but pretty much everything I've heard about her live vocals have been atrocious 😬

Yeah, I fear for both Austria and Czech Republic. The live vocals have not been great alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Italy

Poland

Portugal

Sweden

Norway

Netherlands

Greece

United Kingdom

France

Spain

Australia

Bulgaria

Latvia

Lithuania

Belgium

Iceland

Slovenia

Azerbaijan

Finland

Armenia

Denmark

Estonia

Serbia

Romania

Austria

Cyprus

Albania

Czech Republic

San Marino

Switzerland

Ukraine

Malta

Moldova

Germany

Montenegro

Georgia

Croatia

Israel

North Macedonia

Ireland

• Advertisement

1. Portugal
    2. Netherlands
    3. France
    4. Iceland
    5. Czech Republic
    6. Georgia
    7. Sweden
    8. Italy
    9. Lithuania
    10. Greece
    11. Croatia
    12. Estonia
    13. Serbia
    14. Cyprus
    15. Armenia
    16. Slovenia
    17. San Marino
    18. Germany
    19. Switzerland
    20. Ireland
    21. Poland
    22. United Kingdom
    23. Finland
    24. Ukraine
    25. Australia
    26. Moldova
    27. Bulgaria
    28. Belgium
    29. Denmark
    30. Albania
    31. Norway
    32. Romania
    33. Spain
    34. Azerbaijan
    35. North Macedonia
    36. Montenegro
    37. Austria
    38. Latvia
    39. Israel
    40. Malta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

This story about The Roop and Brooke Scullion is pretty bizarre.

They seemed to attack her for daring to play a gig in the Kremlin........the kremlin being the gay club in belfast..... they have since apologized seemingly

I think they made the mistake of thinking she was performing in the actual Kremlin 😅 Either way, pretty embarrassing for them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Anything has to be better than pyjamas. Maybe some cardboard trees...

• Advertisement

Intrigued to see Ireland's staging. Rehearsals start next Saturday 30th April. Ireland's first rehearsal will be on Tuesday 3rd May. The rehearsals I'm most looking forward to seeing, along with Ireland's, are Netherlands, Ukraine, Moldova, Armenia, Austria, Greece, Finland, Cyprus, Poland and the UK.

Getting close now 😁😁😱

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭delboy85

Have never been a huge fan of Brooke's song but I really like this version (the Eurovision House Party version). I think it's much stronger than the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4KuLYWVBnU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Rehearsals start at 9am! Here's the schedule for the two weeks ahead:

So it's the first nine songs of Semi-Final 1 up later today with Ukraine and The Netherlands probably being the main highlights of day 1.

Can anyone see an unheralded song shooting up the odds during rehearsals a lá Rise Like A Phoenix, Fuego etc? Nobody immediately jumps out at me, but I do think both Armenia and Croatia are being overlooked and have top ten potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Saw a clip of Brooke on the Late Late Show, her vocals are ok but did they go and change the backing music and ruin the song? Only saw around 30 seconds of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

A truly awful song. Once again we haven’t a hope of getting out of the semi finals.

Watched the late late performance on youtube, it was not great at all. I much prefer below version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Ah here. Lads, I'm all for supporting Ireland and I'm quite sure ths singer hard worker and a lovely person. But this is shyte. The stagecraft and dancing cg is really, really poor. If this is anything like the finished product, then we'll be lucky to qualify.

Why is there absolute no change in pace throughout the song? No story, no catchy start and step change to a banging tune and lyrical crescendo.

I'm looking forward to the event but I'm not expecting anything from this song. Maybe it will resonate with some Europeans and manages to qualify, but i'd be surprised. Maybe there are some worse songs, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

It's highest odds to qualify from Semi final 2.

• Advertisement

Yeah Ireland aren't qualifying. We're more of a contender to finish last than in the top ten. Make peace with it and enjoy some of the decent songs! 🙂

For me, i would prefer if we qualified and came last in the final. At least it would highlight that we need to up our game. I'm interested to see how the UK do this year though and if the favourite, Ukraine, will actually win.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pnott

Was looking forward to seeing Brooke perform in Turin but after they butchered it not so much. Now i am interested to see if we manage to finish last three years in a row! One consolation is that despite our poor record of late we still haven’t gotten null points. The UK entry is the one I am most interested in.

I’d be mortified to attend the contest and admit I’m Irish to be represented by that singer(?) and song(??)

Not much footage of the first rehearsals being released this year, with the brief ten-second or so clips are being uploaded to Tiktok.

However the big drama from rehearsals is the stage isn't functioning properly.

The stage has a 'sun' feature in the middle which is supposed to look a little something like this

One side of it is fully black with a lighting rig and the other side is full LED. Basically it meant delegations could choose which side of the sun they wanted to use. However, the feature is stuck on the black side with the lighting rig and apparently can't be moved, meaning that it's messing up the staging for various acts who'd planned to use the LED screen.

Check out Croatia's first rehearsal footage

They were clearly going for some type of forest LED background, most of which is now blocked by a feature that seemingly can't be moved. Not quite what you'd expect from Italy, I wonder what side of the sun Brooke had planned to use 😬

Ah, I wouldn't go that far. Its just a bit of craic.

As competitions go, it's the one I enjoy the most without being at all upset about ireland not being any way competitive. It's a bit like Great British Bake Off. I might support one competitor over a other but there's no animosity towards the other competitors. It's just good clean fun. It's a pity Ireland hasn't put together any good entries in a while, but shur, it'll be a great occasion anyway.

I'm hosting a Eurovision Party in my house for the lads and I'm really looking forward to it.

Is anyone else doing a Eurovision Party? Were just using it as an excuse to get the mates together but everyone has picked a country and they'll cook a dish from that country.

We've got food coming from Greece, Italy, England, Belgium and Netherlands so far.

Mmmmm. I don’t know. I suppose it depends on your view of the pride you have of your country.

I have lots of pride in my country but I don't invest any of it in the Eurovision. How much of your national pride do you invest in the Eurovision?

• Advertisement

Just to explain…..I’ve been at Semi Finals and Finals and have been increasingly embarrassed year on year having to try to explain to our European neighbours (that includes Australia!) why Ireland are submitting such c**p songs. I can honestly tell you in the Eurovision world at ground zero we’re a laughing stock and was one of the reasons I decided not to go to Turin this year.

Advertisement