Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating timer switch bypass

Options
  • 07-12-2021 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

My 2 channel heating controller is acting up. As I have a smart thermostat on heating system, the temp controller (See pic 0937) is set to 'always on', effectively disabling its functionality. However it's now faulty and preventing power to the heating circuits intermittently, leading to a cold house.

From wiring schematic as shown in picture 0938, I want constant power to the two heating zone loops, represented by black and grey wires, so smart thermostat only then controlling zone valves. Can this be achieved simply by terminating both these two wires at same point as live wiring loop is currently terminated (2nd from left in picture)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Effectively yes, by supplying live to CH and HW, that will open the valves and trigger the boiler to remain on.

Your smart controller should then be in full control of the boiler and call for heat as needed without the input from this EPH controller.

Advertisement