Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curry’s

• 07-12-2021 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi guys,

Just looking for advice, I purchased a product from Currys in Northern Ireland 4 years ago, the warranty ran out last year, Currys haven’t been any help and for me to purchase the exact same one will cost me over €1,000

Have I any recourse? I’ve been told to go to scc but is that here or in Northern Ireland?

I’ve spent over a month trying to get it sorted to be told today, nothing they can do.

What are my options, if any?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Transaction took place in NI so if you propose to take any action it would need to be NIband via the UK sale of goods act 1979.

TBH, I can't see an action in NI/UK for a 4y.o item gaining success. Yes in Ireland there is an implied 6 years but in UK that doesn't exist and even were you to be successful? The award would be pro-rated and likely worth less than the £35 minimum cost (£25 online) fee. A fee which rises on a per value basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Your course of action is where you bought the item and the country it was purchased in so you have to go through the UK process for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

I can't offer any advice, but I can empathise with your situation. I bought an item from Currys that was faulty on delivery - or rather when it was plugged in a few hours later - a solid month of daily phonecalls and being redirected and pushed around from pillar to post on some UK helplines, and bizzarely even redirected to a finance company (it was bought outright, not on finance) yielded little. It was beyond frustrating and infurating.

Good luck. An awful shower of ****.

Advertisement