Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glen Abhainn estate Enfield

Options
  • 08-12-2021 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭

hi there , anyone know if the houses in this estate have been repaired re_ pyrite ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

Some have on certain roads - the Drive and Park for example. But others, eg the Lawns not affected. Also some houses repaired in Newcastle woods too.

Hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

OK, so some houses in the Glen Abhainn estate have pyrite but some don't ?

Yes, I would see it this way, I bought in Glen Abhainn in 2006 and our house has been perfectly fine but other roads built a year or so before or after have needed to be treated.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Good to know, waiting to get a house in there checked, house in particular failed to catch a bid at auction which suggests there might be a pyrite issue as it was well priced

If you PM the street, I can give you a point of view if I remember any on the road being fixed. I can’t recall recently seeing any for sale signed up in the past few weeks. There typically isn’t that many houses up for sale in the estates.

Keep an eye on whether there is a water treatment filter as this is really the part we find most difficult about Enfield, the water is very hard and you definitely need a filtration unit if not already in, so if not, get boiler checked. Work is meant to be starting in January on a water reservoir to Improve the situation

• Advertisement
Advertisement