Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic/roof space light

Options
  • 08-12-2021 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭

I want to put a light in my attic just for whenever I need to go up there. The attic isn't used very much. I was thinking of putting in two or three ceiling roses (attic is long) connected by the round 2 core cable like what's used for bulb holders on the ceiling, attached to a plug which can be plugged in to a room socket whenever I go to the attic. What do ye think? Is it a suitable solution?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭10-10-20

This was covered recently by this chap:

He went for the festoon effect of a 1930's dance-hall.

It's cost-effective, easily isolated and simple enough to install. You don't need an earth, but I'd advise that you run three-core anyway and terminate the earth off in the rose as normal. That way you have it if you need it. Don't forget to rate the fuse in the plug to the correct load.

Advertisement