Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gillette Fusion5 Power Razor Blades Men, Pack of 8 - £11.05

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

FYI I followed the link and read the reviews and a lot said that are fake and don't buy, have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Cd23

the seller is the official Gillette store. Highly unlikely to be fake unless I am misreading who the seller is

Is that supposed to be a bargain for a few razor cartridges?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,253 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Well same thing is 26.99 on boots website... so yeah.

If you don't like the razors grand but if people do it is a really good bargain

It says sold by Amazon for me. I bought from this exact listing in early summer and the blades were fake, had to throw them out they were so bad.

• Advertisement

I ordered a while back and had no issues. The razors were the real McCoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,058 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

No way Gillette store is flogging fake blades on Amazon. Not a chance. Great price by the way. Bought a few packs at a tenner a pop back in May - same store.

I never used them but at 26.99 it is a bargain..I use bog standard safety razor about 2 euro for 5 blades...The shave is faultless, but these razors are not everyone.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

I will post back on Tuesday when they arrive.. I think the level of difficulty opening the pack will give a good indication whether fake or real. I have an unopened pack still that I bought in the chemist's some time back, so can easily compare.

And this is what makes me believe they are sold through "the Gillette store" whatever that really means

and either way, I can't imagine that products sold directly by Amazon are fake, maybe naive on my part.. anyway if fake they'll get them back

• Advertisement

That doesn't mean sold by. Brand managers can request a virtual storefront for their brand on Amazon, regardless of who actually sells them. I've only ever bought toiletries direct from amazon and had many fake blades, toothbrush heads etc etc

I received them this morning..As per the amazon description they come in "frustration free packaging" - in this case meaning not in a plastic sealed box as you see them in the chemists, but in cardboard thingy. So that put me on high alert.

I compared them to the originals I have, only realising that the ones I had were not the power fusion, but the plain fusion so I couldn't visually compare. Also these blades weigh 2.96 g whereas the ones I had weigh 3.07 g each.

However looking at http://thecounterfeitreport.com/product/113/Gillette-Fusion-Razor-Blades.html , there are a few things to look out for to determine real or fake and these blades I got passed all those gates ( serial numbers edged in the blades, dimples all aligned and a code etched in the plastic holder)

I will obviously try them out and report back if I feel a difference, but for now I am confident these are the real McCoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I bought them and did notice that its a sh!t shave with the first one i tried. I binned it thinking it was just a dud and tried the second one and it was also sh!t. So then i tried a third one the next time and same again. I am convinced that these blades are either fake or sold cheaply because they have been rejected by QC. Maybe Amazon should have paid attention to the reviews saying they are fake.

Had my first shave with them this morning- so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pedro6105

I got mine in the post this morning.

couldn’t fault them when used this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,940 ✭✭✭billyhead

Do you have to set up a recurring order. Can you not buy them as a once off purchase?

You can, but you will pay more. You can switch of recurring order immediately after, which reminds me :)

OK, as I was canceling my subscription, noticed they are back up to £22, so this deal has now expired

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

mine arrived but no trimmer in box, have to send back

Advertisement