Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learner Permit catagories

Options
  • 08-12-2021 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

49 years old ( car driver for 30 years, plus 49cc scooter for last 8 )

Completed Theory this am ( bikes )

This afternoon applied for a learner permit online , when already have a licence in another category ( B and AM )

selected the A A1 and A2 from the list of available cats

submitted

it then shown me a preview of the Learner permit, and it had A2, A1 with 991, fine, but the A row had 70 991 and 79.03

why would a new learner permit have restriction to trikes ? is this because my car licence was converted from a uk ?

I want to IBT and TEST for A to give me options

I have emailed the NDLS, but wonder if you had any views.

Ta

Loz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭myclist

Its all good. The 79.03 is the trike. You were entitled to that anyway. The 70 denotes a foreign licence exchanged. The 991 Is your A learner permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Ljmscooter

Thanks

So the 79.03 does not make the A restricted to 3 wheels ? As I will also have the 991 In same row .

It's very confusing

Just adding the screenshot of the preview from the online application

• Registered Users Posts: 35,059 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

70 doesn't make sense on a LP because it can't have been exchanged from anywhere. The 79.03 doesn't make sense on an LP either unless the rider is medically restricted to trikes.

Looks like the system just copied 70 and 79.03 from your full licence and added the 991. I'd suggest giving the NDLS a ring...

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭enrique66_35

I had a similar issue where my leaner permit showed as having 79.03 applied on the RSA portal however when I got the plastic card in the post today, there was no restriction code on it so make of that what you will...

I'd say wait and see what is on the card that arrives in the post as the wait time on the phone with NDLS the last time I rang (October) was over an hour.

• Advertisement

thanks ! - I was kinda assume same, I been on hold a few times today and they don't reply to email either,

ill just wait and see !

eager to book IBT now !!!

Yeah when I was renewing my permit I emailed 8 times over the 3 months I was waiting and they stopped replying around October. The replies were useless anyway with no specific information about my application just generic "high volume of contacts etc...please wait". Took a complaint to RSA and was sorted immediately - so have that nuclear option if it takes more than a few weeks to get your permit. Best of luck with the IBT - you're gonna have a blast and wonder why you didn't do it years ago!

Woo hoo . Here we go !!!!

Advertisement