Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plug modem into existing master socket?

Options
  • 08-12-2021 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all, hoping someone can help.

I am wondering if I can plug the modem from Provider A into the master socket that Provider B installed, as I’m having difficulty getting Provider A out to my house to move their master socket or modem. The master socket from provider B has had wifi working from it in the last 12 months so it’s not a very old socket.

Would this work or will my modem from Provider A only work with the master socket from Provider A?

Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question- just extremely frustrated with broadband provider!

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

More details needed, but probably.

If the new provider is Virgin say then no. But if before it was Sky and now Its Eir/Vodafone say then its fine. All ADSL/VDSL from the same infrastrucutre.

Advertisement