Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics Cards: Recommendations for large monitor?

Options
  • 08-12-2021 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I have ordered a refurbished PC from Amazon and I'm hoping that it has a sufficiently speced graphics card to be used with the monitor below. I'm pretty clueless so any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

The PC hasn't arrived yet but a user commented on the amazon reviews (see below) that the card isn't ideal for gaming. I am not using it for gaming but I would need great resolution for graphics and video editing.

If the graphics card isn't suitable and I need to buy a new one, would you mind recommending one which I could buy and install? I believe some cards have cooling capabilities and the ones without a cooling fan are easy to install but again, I'm pretty clueless here so any help would be great.

Dell Optiplex 990 PC: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07YST68J3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Monitor (Res 3840x1200@60Hz): https://www.laptopsdirect.ie/electriq-43-ips-super-ultrawide-freesync-120hz-hdr400-curved-monitor-eiq-43cvsuwd120fsh/version.asp

Amazon Review Comment:

" If any one is looking for a graphics card best suited for this model (without altering casing or power supply), I'm mentioning the name below.

ASUS GT1030-SL-2G-BRK GeForce GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 low profile graphics card

This graphics card can be installed just by plugging it to the blue slot in the motherboard. After the installation of graphics card, you will find the difference. It is far better than the inbuilt integrated intel hd 2000 graphics. The graphics card mentioned is passive cooling type. Means there is no fan. Such graphics card are not preferred in less ventilated ssf or small CPUs. So heavy tasks are not to be performed, like playing advanced video games like Red dead redemption 2. Anyway I'm playing GTA 4 with low graphics setting and it gives me smooth frame rate. The temperature never gone above 60 degree celcius, even after 8 hours or continuous gaming. If you are a hard core gamer, I suggest you to upgrade the power supply above 600W and fit in a low profile GTX NVIDA graphics card. The GT NVIDA series is not meant for gaming."

Thanks guys.

Comments

Advertisement