Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 11 upgrade remove windows 10 issues?

Options
  • 09-12-2021 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hi,

After long attempts to fix, my windows taskbar / in-folder search and login to windows in windows store are not working... When I try to search in folder of install a new app on Microsoft store the window tab just greys out and closes.

I've full Avast security and no issues are showing in terms of infections.

Would an install of Windows 11 remedy these problems I am having?

Is Windows 11 worth the upgrade?

Will my apps/settings carry over if I upgrade?

Thanks!

Post edited by sticker on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Whether Windows 11 is worth is debatable. While there's some nice under the hood improvements, the changes to the UI, such as the backwards Start Menu, make it awkward to use until you can adjust to it.

Your programs and files will carry over just fine. Or mine did at least, with no issues at all.

As to whether it'll fix your issues, that's a dice roll unfortunately. There is a new store system coming to Win11 which may sort that issue for you, but it's very unpredictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Advertisement